Saturday, January 16, 2016

Origins: Horizons of Discovery



THERE HAS BEEN A PROLONGED, YET TENTATIVE PERIOD OF UNPARALLELED PEACE IN THE GALAXY AND WITH THIS THE REESTABLISHMENT OF THE JEDI ORDER ON YAVIN 4. YET THE THREAT OF SOMETHING DARK HANGS LIKE A SHADOWY MENACE UPON THE GALAXY AT LARGE. SEEKING ANSWERS TO A VISION, A SPIKE IN THE FORCE, THE JEDI COUNCIL HAS SENT IT'S FINEST AND MOST COURAGEOUS MASTER TO THE DAGOBAH SYSTEM TO INVESTIGATE.........






"This place can't seem to decide if it wants me alive or not," Demetrius mused somewhat seriocomically. His thin, but fit humanoid like demeanor had survived much worse, not that you could tell. looking like a cross between a Zabrak and a Voss and standing at just shy of 6 feet tall in his natural state, with cream white almost translucent eyes. In human years he appeared to be about 25, although not even he truly knew how old he was. He’d been stranded many years and he’d survived this long by using and learning from the crashed pod’s unpredictably dysfunctional jury-rigged electronics system and data-base. That, and something he didn’t know how to describe. This “feeling” would simply come over him, and made him capable of things. He’d discovered a little of how to control and direct some of the things it allowed him to do, but was honestly more than a little hesitant to intentionally use it.
Suddenly, he noticed the flashes of blue and red through the trees. He ran swiftly, silently, blending effortlessly with the environment. Unseen, he saw a pale faced, yellow-eyed human, like creature holding a red hued sword taunting the other disarmed man. Demetrius felt the “feeling” taking over. Before he knew it the blue hued sword of the disarmed combatant was in his hand, and the pale creature lay dead on the wet sand. He switched it off.  

“My thanks to you friend,” The man said getting up. “I am Connor Valiant, a Jedi knight, and I owe you my life.”
“I’m Demetrius,” he replied. “Jedi,” Demetrius said thoughtfully, “I take it that was a Sith then,” he commented. “This is your lightsaber,” He said handing it back to Connor.
“Thank-you friend,” Connor replied. “It would seem I’m not the only one who came to investigate what was causing such a great Force fluctuation.”
Demetrius collected the other lightsaber.
”No point in wasting, the components at least might be handy later,” Demetrius quipped.“How’d you end up here anyway?”
”The Council sensed this place through the Force,” Connor replied, “And now I believe I know why.” He continued. “I’d like for you to come with me. Grab what supplies we may need from your pod, I’ll explain on the way.”
Traversing the smooth grassy path Connor noted the rolling terrain, and high domed peaks across the silvery lake from them.
“Tell me of this place,” Connor inquired.
“Been here as long as I can remember,” Demetrius began, “This place is unpredictable, there is some will or intelligence about it. At times it’s serene, and others it tries to destroy you.”
“You’re not native?” he questioned.
“I don’t believe so, I’ve lived out of escape pods from somewhere,” Demetrius responded.
“Are there other life forms?” Connor asked.
“Not that I’ve ever seen,” Demetrius replied. ”

Back in the pod Demetrius packed while Connor explored the many crevices of the unique hive like collection of pods.”Very resourceful. Fascinating” He mused. “You did this?” He queried.
“Not really,” Demetrius answered. “There’s a special electric magnetized system that drew them together when I was messing around with some buttons.” Connor picked up a metal cylindrical object. “Where did you find a light-saber hilt?” He asked.
”It was with me when I got here,” Demetrius responded.
”Most unusual,” Connor observed. “The elements of this saber are most unusual; it’s perfectly functional, though it’s missing the crystal. Do you have it?”
”Never saw a crystal, just used it as a power source sometimes,” Demetrius answered.
“Mind if I look around?” Connor asked.
“Go ahead, but don’t go too far, this place is subject to swift and sudden change in temperament,” Demetrius replied, leaving for another part of the shelter. Connor, curiosity piqued, began looking around the peculiar shelter. finding a working hub, he began to look through the stored data. Designs and spec for ships, tech, weapons, and architecture the likes of which he’d never seen. A complete list of everything known about every species that there was a record of, and some that he’d never heard of. He continued his investigation with exploration of the many compartments.DIscovering what he thought was a holocron, very old and spherical in design. encased and hidden in a compartment he’d found by chance an ornate clear box that held what appeared to be a multi colored crystal. although he could get neither open, and decided to put both back.  Demetrius returned hefting the pack of supplies. “I just have a few items that are personal to grab and I’ll be ready,” he said.
“take your time,” Connor replied. noting carefully as Demetrius grabbed both items he’d just put back.
“I’m ready when you are,” Demetrius said.
”Well then, my new friend Let us be off,” Connor replied.

As they approached the ship a droid whistled happily. Demetrius found the design had a familiar feel of a Dynamic class Hawk freighter.
"Good to see you too VE-2, glad I'm alright as well, the credit for that goes to my new friend. Demetrius, this is VE-2," Connor said. VE-2 whistled and beeped again. "Yes V2,"Connor said, "make preparations to leave signal me when the ship is ready." They sat under partial shade in the pleasant afternoon sun. Connor sat quietly for several moments before beginning to speak.
"My friend, not just anyone can do as you did, to wield a lightsaber as you did with no formal training, against a Sith assassin no less, is no coincidence," He went on. "I sense The Force strongly in you my friend."
"What you say has logic to it," Demetrius responded. "I did not truly understand some things I've done or can do, until I saw your battle and knew what you are." He continued. "The Sith also must have a ship, perhaps we may glean something of value from it," Demetrius suggested.
"Why didn't I think of that?!" Connor responded. "We must search the body first, most Sith assassins ships have a slave signal, if his did his ship will be much easier to locate."
"Shall we?" Demetrius asked.
"Lead the way friend, you know this place best."
About mid way to the duels location the sky began to grow dark, and the ground started to tremble ominously.
"The mood of this place grows malicious and destructive. We must return to your ship," Demetrius said warningly.
"The mysteries of this place must wait for another time then, " Connor replied.
"We must leave this place your ship is not equipped to survive what comes, and it is the only shelter we will reach in time," Demetrius responded.
"I will trust in your decision," said Connor, hailing V2 via his personal holo:
"V2, get the engines warmed up we are leaving." V2 Beeped affirmatively.
Arriving at the ship they rushed towards it, the swirling sand nearly obscuring it from view. "Get her up V2!" Connor shouted as they reached the ramp. "You weren't joking about this place Demetrius," he mused.
"We're not out of it yet," Demetrius replied, as they flew towards the outer atmosphere Connor saw the field of asteroids coming rapidly towards them. That seemed to be attempting to maneuver themselves into the way.
”What the?!” Connor said as Demetrius grabbed the ship's controls. "Hang onto something! This might get a bit rough!"
Connor watched as Demetrius flew instinctively maneuvering the gauntlet of swiftly moving asteroids, as if someone or something was playing a deadly game with them. Demetrius brows furrowed, his skin taut, and glistening from sweat finally cleared the field, and relinquished the controls. "If you don't mind I'll lie down for a bit, that took a lot out of me," he said.
"By all means," Connor replied. Demetrius left the cockpit.
"V2,” The droid whistled.
“Set course for Yavin 4, and contact Master Nal," Connor said.


"Yavin 4, this is shuttle Revision, Jedi Valiant calling for Master Sentential, Master Nal are you there?" An image appeared on the holocron. Master Sentential's aged Chiss face showed the lines and scars that come from surviving excessive hardship, and while they were many, one could also see the humility, wisdom and serenity in those weathered features upon a second look.
“Master Valiant, I sense the stress of an unplanned adventure on you,” Nal said
“I did not have time to be thorough, but I can tell you what I do know,” Connor replied
"Continue," master Nal bade him.

"I found one life form, species unknown, with great power in the living force. His origin is a mystery, but he handled my lightsaber against a Sith assassin like a master duelist, having never wielded one before. I plan to bring him before the council."
“This news is disturbing,” Nal responded. “The peace with the Vong’s is unpredictable, and the Sith are increasing their activity, it is not a combination that bodes well. However, I’m curious to meet this passenger you’re bringing, and I will convene the council by the time you arrive," Nal replied, "In the meantime discover what you can of his abilities and how strong they are."
"It will be done Master," Connor responded.  




Connor studied the light-saber hilt with great curiosity, for it was unique in its design. The weight of it, even with an activated blade or two would be incredibly light, yet as evidenced by the multitude of scratches on the ever so slightly curved hilt was that it was also highly durable. It possessed a phase generator unlike any Connor had seen, and the power cell output was much stronger than the standard of many lightsabers. The odd quality of the saber was it had no activator switch, at least an obvious one. Connor pulled a spare crystal to put in the chamber and began to concentrate. He’d lost track of time when he heard a voice:
“Something I can help you with Con?” said Demetrius.
”I cannot seem to dissect this lightsaber” Connor responded. “I wanted to put a crystal in it to see how it works, but it will not come apart for me.” He said woefully.
Aren’t lightsaber crystals hard to get?” Demetrius asked
“They have been in recent years, even the ones which are not rare, the war destroyed many of the places they can be found naturally,” Connor replied
“Wait,” He said, “How are you doing that?” He asked Demetrius, as the saber hovering in mid-air began to separate into its pieces.
”If I knew that, it wouldn’t be happening,” Demetrius said haltingly. “something is working through me!” he said in a tone that was fascinated and perturbed.
”Calm yourself,” Connor replied “Close your eyes and relax. The Force is guiding you.”
It was not long before the light-saber, crystal included, was reassembled. Connor was in appreciative awe and disbelief. “You’re just full of surprises aren’t you?” he asked.


Abruptly a force vision appeared.Enshrouding the room in heavy mist so that only a Voss-like head was visible.
”Well done my Brother,” said a figure who looked much like Demetrius.
”Who are you?” Connor asked.
“I am Shadow, Demetrius and I are D’ual’s, a race that exists outside your known galaxy.
Once we were many, now there is but two. Demetrius was sent away as our planet imploded, along with one female of our race, they became separated. She must be found.”
”Tell me of your people Shadow,” Connor inquired.
”All things D’ual in pairs, our race is force strong, now unless reunited, unbalance will grow greater, and race will die out. Train Demetrius, find Ash’ana, restore balance.” The image faded.
       It was quiet for several minutes in the training chamber, before Demetrius finally broke the silence. “Force signature,”
”What are you talking about?” Connor asked.
”The light-saber,” Demetrius replied “Responds to imbued personal force signature. Could be multiple or singular, but only those its primary user has allowed can activate it.”
”I’ve never heard of such a thing, except for the ancient Sith blades. But since clearly it will only respond to you, you should have it, at least until the council says otherwise.”
Yavin 4 had been the planet of choice for many years now as the home for the Jedi temple and training of force users. Once a place strong in the dark side which still lingered in many places, it was now also a place of light, and the balance between the two could be felt. Yavin’s climate was well balanced comparable to Kamino in some places and Tatooine in others. It was also home to many ancient dark side artifacts and knowledge. Master Sentential greeted Connor warmly:
"Welcome home Valiant!" He said observing the young creature walking gracefully down the ramp of the shuttle.
"Greetings Master Nal, this young D'ual is Demetrius," he replied.
"Welcome Demetrius," Nal responded, "The council is assembled and we have much to discuss. Come my friend the chamber awaits."

Demetrius was impressed by the architecture of the Council room.
The Council chamber was reasonably large, at least 15 feet high and around 80 square feet with great columns supporting the roof, and lit with warm ambient light which came through the arched window panels which offered a view of the crimson red and gold sun setting over the dark forest below. Of the dozen or so seats fashioning a crescent a handful were noticeably vacant.  "Many of the masters are off world at the moment," Nal said to Connor, motioning to the holographic images about them. Each making a slight head bow to acknowledge the others. "The ones here are Master(s) Vett, Talia, August, Zena, and Zeb. master(s) Cel, Kenyon, and Drax are joining us remotely."
"I sense a presence in the force," master Zena said.
"We will get to that in a moment," Nal responded, "it is part of Valiant's report which I wish him to share." A Wookie-like groan was heard in the council room.
"I heartily agree Zeb," said August, "let us hear Valiant's report."
    
What I have learned of the planet we saw is difficult to describe," Connor began, "It is strong with both sides of the force, I did not have as much time as I thought to explore. A Sith assassin was waiting for me, he would have killed me if not for my new friends intervention with my own light-saber," he said, motioning towards Demetrius.
Connor continued sharing of the planet, the technology of the light-saber, crashed pods, the piloting of the asteroids, and the Force vision. Drax then spoke:

"Master Nal, has a place been made for Demetrius?"
"Yes master Drax," Nal replied, paging for his apprentice. It was but a moment before a Twi'lek appeared. "Apprentice would you show our guest around?"
"Certainly Master," she answered. Drax waited till they had left the room before he spoke.
"Valiant, speak your mind," Drax said.
"The discovery of Demetrius is not coincidental. Such pure raw power and innate ability,"Connor began. "He is clearly gifted, Demetrius is the epitome of what many potential masters, myself included, would want in an apprentice. Nearly insatiable curiosity, combined with great instinct, adaptability, he is a rare one. The ability of many things that for others take a long time to even come close to mastering seem to come to him almost effortlessly. The only weakness Demetrius might have was the obsession with knowledge.”

"Imagine the potential once truly trained..." Zena said.
"We will need to keep an eye on him, but I agree,"August responded. The rest of the council readily concurred.
"Valiant has proved himself capable,"Drax said, "Let's not change what clearly works."
"Demetrius shall be Valiant's apprentice," said Vett. After a few more minutes of discussion the Council concluded.
As the two figures walked with an unrushed easy step along the corridors they spoke to each-other. “I don’t believe I was given your name,” Demetrius asked.
“I am called Astra-Nova, or ‘Nova,” She answered, “what are you called?”
“I’m Demetrius, or ‘Dem’” He responded cordially, yet somewhat awkwardly. “I’m sorry, I’m getting used to being around real creatures, until Connor came I was alone.”
“Master Valiant you mean?” She asked.
“That’s right, I forgot, he’s told me about how your order is structured.” Nova laughed.
“That’s alright. I understand, it’s a lot of changes to get used to. I can tell we’ll be great friends.”
“I like the sound of that,” Demetrius replied.


Master Nal spoke as he and Connor walked towards the archives:
"This situation is unique," he said, ”I sensed their bond the moment they met, it is very strong and will bear watching, but let’s not be too hasty to discourage until we see how they handle it. Nova will be pleased, as she has wished for an apprentice for some time, this idea of her and you training Demetrius is good."
"Master," said Nova as she and Demetrius saw them.
"I see you two have been busy," Connor replied.
"Demetrius is great, he will make a fine apprentice for someone," she answered.
"You two will be a great team," Master Nal responded. "The council has agreed to grant you the rank of Jedi knight, and Demetrius will be apprenticed to you. Master Valiant shall oversee the both of you." He said.
"I'm honored Masters," Nova replied.
"We have assessed Demetrius's cognitive skill level, your first task will be to help him create his own lightsaber. Once he has proven able he may have his back." Master Nal said.
        After several more minutes of instruction to the pair she spoke:
"We'd best get started then," Nova said, "come with me apprentice."


"Where shall I begin Master?" Demetrius asked
"Beyond the emitter and power cell which are in all blades, pick the parts which speak to you, allowing the force to guide you," Nova replied. Demetrius's closed his eyes and focused on the pile of mixed metals that could make the hilt, selecting several pieces. He moved on to the emitters, then power cells. Nova collected them into a small bag.
"Now we go to the crystal chamber," she said. "Now feel which of the crystals are calling to you, remember what you've learned," she encouraged.
Demetrius closed his eyes, "the crystal is the heart of the blade," he began. Nova could see what was happening and was awed as two crystals broke free, a blue and a green,
"The crystal is the heart of the Jedi," he continued. The pieces he'd chosen now hovered in the air as the crystals came towards them.
"The Jedi is the crystal of the force." The pieces began to compact.
"The force is the blade of the heart." Demetrius opened his eyes reaching for the blades. "All are one," the blades ignited their fiercely bright light almost blinding in their luminosity. Demetrius deactivated them and clipped them to his belt.
"Well done Demetrius," Nova said quietly.
"Thank you Master," he replied.
"Tell me, why you chose those components," she inquired.
"They allow me to be versatile and adapt to most any situation," he began."
"Elaborate," she instructed. "Which to you is the greater ally, the force or the blade?"
"The blade may fail but the force is forever," Demetrius responded.
"Your answer shows great wisdom," she replied, "I shall check in with masters Valiant and Nal, for instruction on what he wishes us to do next."
"Ah, Nova, come in," said Connor greeting warmly. "How goes the training?" Nova replied:
"Demetrius is a most capable apprentice," she began, "quick to learn,
I've never seen such patience and humility to unlearn and relearn."
"The others, from younglings to Masters say as much," Master Sentential confirmed. "Humility from one as capable as Demetrius has been a rare treat."
”As it should be, but often isn’t,” Connor replied wistfully. “It’s time to learn saber combat,” He said. “Battle Master Vett will be waiting for you in the arena. He will teach you some of each, then bring in the other masters as he feels necessary.”
”Yes Master,” Demetrius replied.

”Welcome my young friend, I see you’re properly equipped,” Master Vett Said, igniting his saber, “We begin now!” He shouted. Leaping with a flourish. Demetrius quickly ignited his green light-saber defending instinctively quickly using Makashi with shien grip and the quickest of disarmaments via a flick on the wrist. Surprised, Master Vett leapt back summoning his Saber once again. “Well that’s a new one,” He said, dropping into Niman. Back and forth it went, Master Vett finding himself outmaneuvered at nearly every junction. His Ataru acrobatic leaps, twirls and twists met with force pushes pulls and throws in mid air, driving his attacks off point. His Soresu advantage was negligible, as was Makashi. At a few points he’d found some of his force maneuvers had worked, barely.
   With sudden vehemence, he unleashed his specialty, Juyo, or Va-paad, as some called it. For several minutes he seemed to gain the slightest of edges, His Juyo a match for Demetrius’s Niman technique. Vett called to Nova, “Tag Team!” Demetrius’s Niman blend proved a good match against the two on one. His tactics making up for minute dueling disadvantages, and vis-versa.
  ”Enough for today,” said Master Vett, powering down his light-saber. Demetrius and Nova did likewise. You are dismissed apprentice,” said master Vett. "We shall work some more later."
"I have some study I must attend to Demetrius, please wait my summons for your next session in your chambers," Nova said.
"As you wish master," said Demetrius.

“I have never seen this kind of skill”  Master Vett  said to Nova. His instinct is imperfect, yet formidable nonetheless, I see him becoming a great swordsman, that 30 minutes of sparring will have me sore for quite some time. Those instinctual force implemented skills are incredibly potent. please inform Master Valiant of my observations.”
“It will be done Master,” replied Nova.

   "How goes Demetrius's sparring Master Astra-Nova?" Connor asked the Twi'lek. As they walked along the halls of the temple.
"His skill is impressive," she said. “His Jar-Kai is unequaled, but with a single blade he is still incredibly formidable. Master Vett has said as much,speaking highly of Demetrius’ saber skills, for someone still in training. His grasp of tactics and strategy is profound he corrects mistakes as quick and easy as a nava-computer might calculate and jump to hyperspace; which makes him very difficult to defeat. Master Vett timed it to easily within an 18th of a second."
“That IS fast,” Commented Connor."How are his force skills?" He asked.
"In combat they are absolutely devastating," she answered, "he can push, pull, and throw things even if they are heavy as if they are but a fleck of sand, and power through the Force attacks of others, as if they are but a nuisance," She continued. "I know of other abilities he's studied but has yet to use, like force repulse, and I shudder, although he's always careful in his use of Force techniques in his fighting."
“It would seem he wields the power wisely and capably,” Connor responded. ”He does the Order great credit,” Valiant replied.
”The Younglings call him “Orc’handor’” She said.
”Intriguing, what does it translate to?” He asked.
”Hand of the Force,” She replied. “They seem to feel as if the Force in all its variety and depth of expression is embodied by him. At least that’s how they tried to explain it to me when I asked.”

”Indeed,” Connor said “His power and potential is of a rare caliber, and has yet to be fully tapped. I’m grateful we got to him first, and that he was willing to come here”
“I know,” Nova said, can you imagine him on the dark side?”
“An alarming thought indeed.” Connor commented. changing the subject.  “Any idea what he’s working on in the Space dock?” He asked.
”No idea Master,” She answered, “but he and Trevalian have been spending a lot of time on whatever it is. Knowing Demetrius, it will be something unique and well thought out in design and or use.”



Demetrius mopped the sweat and grime from his brow as he shut down the plasma torch. “Coming along nicely,” he said to himself. “It’s no Millennium Falcon, but hey, that’s what it means to be custom.” Demetrius had been both pleased and surprised when he’d initially canvassed the yard to find a gutted YT-1300, he’d been equally pleased to also find remnants of a VCX-100. He’d been working on this carefully blended re-design of components from old schematic records in the few spare moments he could find. “I never understood what they meant by junk art until now,” said Trevalian.
     “Glad you approve Trev,” replied Demetrius. “The design of this YT-1300, with the updated and improved tech aspects of the VCX-100, fixes the usual flaw of the YT-1300. She’s fast, but more importantly versatile and reliable.”
“How’d you figure out merging all this different design and tech anyway?” Trevalian asked.
“This,” said Demetrius holding up a spherical object. “This old D’ual holocron is full of ancient and well kept secrets of knowledge. The ancient D’ual leader’s apparently influenced through The Force, much development in many galaxies subvertly over the millenias. Species, Ships, even planets and solar systems. There’s knowledge on here I can’t find anywhere else. I’ve been working on a copy of much of what is in here for the Jedi archives, but it’s a long process, and a surprise for them, one of many I have, since I learned what some of the items I have are and what they do.”
“Well it looks like those ancestors of yours left many powerful and potentially dangerous things  entrusted in your safe, and capable hands,” Commented Trev.
“Anyway, this ship is finished and I think it is going to be quite the vessel,” Demetrius said.
”Well then, I guess it’s time to put it through some paces,” Trev replied




“So this is the big secret project,” said Connor commentatively. As Demetrius showed them into the landing bay.
“Will it even fly?” inquired Nova. “The YT-1300 is known for being shall we say ‘impulsively fickle.’”
”Not this one,” replied Demetrius “Since it was only the empty frame to work with, I had to build and install from scratch.”
”It’s not powered up I see,” commented Valiant.
”I think you’ll like this,” said Demetrius. With a gratifying click and hum the ship powered up.
“Motion, or remote activated?” Connor asked.
“A little D’ual tech trick I learned from this old D’ual holocron,” he said, showing Connor a familiar object. “It has a Force signature, or what you call ‘Force essence transfer ‘core and override, but it can be powered, manned, and piloted the standard ways as well,” he said.
“Run that by me again?” Connor asked.
“Like a lightsaber with a tuned Hurrikaine Crystal,” Demetrius said analogically.
“Okay that I can get, but I’m still not getting it.” Connor implied frankly.
“Demetrius used some form of lightsaber crystal to add power and quicken the ship’s response,” Nova explained. “But where did you get the crystals?”
   “Ah, that’s the other surprise I’ve been saving,” Demetrius replied. “Follow me.”
Demetrius led them to a special room in the ship’s underbelly. “I’m sure Master Valint that you remember this,” he said showing him the multi-colored crystal. “This is the D’ual’s greatest treasure a Force gem. it can seed’ or should I say ‘create’ any type of lightsaber crystal if the person wielding it understands that crystals basic chemical, biological and environmental requirements. It can even create combinations of them. I spent a lot of time studying and these crystal samples behind me, are fast growing hybrids of the preferred crystals and a few others that I could find on record as being used and beneficial to have.”
“Hybrids,” Connor mused, “You mean synthetic?”
“No, hybrids in that they’ll grow almost anywhere you ‘plant’ them.
“You realize what this means?” Nova asked Connor,
“We’re nearly out of crystals, and the places they grow currently are too volatile to be in right now, this is a great temporary solution.”
“ I must discuss this with the council later, share this with no one,” Connor said
     ”Static jammers, reprogrammable transceiver, detachable spacecraft, you’ve put quite a bit of thought into this,” Nova said. VE-2 whistled agreeably.
”Glad you like it pal,” said Demetrius.
”Well, let’s see how it flies,” said Connor.

Demetrius powered up the engines and engaged the thrusters. The ship rose quickly and smoothly as the landing claws retracted, the switches, indicators, and buttons blinking happily along to the musical hum of the engine.  Once clear, Demetrius began to engage the throttle. It was all he’d hoped for. Fast, sleek and smooth. He flew at a steady speed, then began to climb. “Strap in, time for maneuvers,” Demetrius said, breaking the upper atmosphere of Yavin 4. Demetrius put it through the paces of twists, turns, climbs, and banks increasing the speed with each set, before descending towards the planet once again. Both Connor and Nova communicated their approval of the unique vessel. “Oh, we’re not done yet,: Demetrius grinned with boyish enthusiasm “Hang on.” Taking a level, insanely fast turn around buildings, weaving a hazardous, nauseating, yet impact free joy ride through the local wildlife of structures.
Landing back in the space port, Connor commented:
 "You never cease to surprise me Demetrius," said Connor. “I must speak to Master Nal about the crystals, come with me.”

Master Nal was easily found sitting quietly in relaxed concentration in a meditation room. He greeted the trio of companions:
“Masters Valiant, Nova, Dem, welcome what brings you to visit me?” he asked.
“Master Sentential,” Connor began, “Demetrius has somethings to show you.”
Demetrius showed one of the samples crystal plants, which looked like a permafrost crystal.
Master Sentential gazed in wonder. “How has this been accomplished?” he asked. Demetrius explained showing the copy holocron he’d made.
“You did well in quietly bringing this to me,” He said. “This knowledge must not fall into Sith hands.”
“I have seen to it Master,” Demetrius replied, pulling out another Holocron. “This is where the information is and it can be opened only with pure heart and selfless intent.”
“To what end do you suggest we do with your crystals?” master Nal inquired.
“Master Nova, suggested, and I believe wisely so that they be used temporarily until they’re no longer needed and the places they can be found naturally are once again accessible. I would add that we say little to nothing of how this was done.”
“What of the original source?’ Sentential asked of the holocron and gem.
“they are genetically sealed and protected,” Demetrius replied.
“Take the copy of growing, in your journey, select a befitting place to conceal it, and leave it there. ” Sentential said.

In the months that followed, Demetrius continued to exceed and excel in his training beyond anything the council would have thought conceivable. Demetrius was especially skilled with younglings and padawans who struggled. many times after talking and or training with them, they would go onto excel at a surprising pace. Assisting when he could in teaching many of the force skills to the youngling or padawan pods, proving to be incredibly insightful, and creative in communicating the application of force skill application.

“I have little more I can do for him Valiant,” master Vett was saying. He would have me believe there is, but honestly I can tell he’s trying hard to make our duels on an equal plane. He’s efficient, economic, eccentric and effective. He prolongs our fights because he enjoys the strategic interplay, but he can end it in one move faster than any of us can cope with.”
  “What do you think Nova?” Connor asked.
“I have been incredibly fortunate to have such a gifted yet humble friend and student. He knows what he can do, and is more naturally skilled, yet he shows unparalleled restraint, and works just as hard as if he was not so naturally adept,” She replied.
“Some of the masters have said he’s a show off,” Connor said.
“That would be master August,” master Vett replied. “What he sees as ‘showing off’ is just Demetrius trying to encourage and challenge those who are struggling, to continue to try, and it works.”
“My assessment as well,” Connor mused.
"Now, we three are expected in the council chamber so I suggest we get going."

In the council chamber all the council members were present, a rarity considering how busy they were. Demetrius and Nova stood in the center of the room and waited for the Masters to be seated. Master August was first to speak:
"Astra-Nova, step forward," the Twi'lek stepped forward tentatively. "You have exceeded our expectations in taking on the apprentice we gave you," Master August began. "You have shown great humility, patience, and understanding. Your selflessness is why we have decided to name you Barsen'thor."
"I'm honored,"Nova replied quietly, and although Demetrius couldn't tell for sure he believed the lavender colored Twi'lek might be blushing.
"Step forward Demetrius," said master Nal. "Where to even begin with you," he said, "you arrived a mystery, and in many ways you are still. You have shown great humility, patience, understanding, and selflessness. Since you arrived, you have taught us, you have left an indelible example, that others follow. You work hard,, harder than those around you,  though you are more naturally skilled than anyone we’ve encountered. Showing us what true power with true skill looks like.  You have learned and mastered in a year what for many if not most takes decades. We are all in agreement, you are apprentice no longer, you are now a Jedi Knight." Demetrius began to reply, "We are not finished yet," said Valiant. "It is in no small degree unusual, and highly unorthodox to create new classes within the order, yet we must also learn to act as the force guides us. So before the council I make official the title Orc'handor, upon this Knight," Connor said.


Demetrius, happily exhausted lay down in his room.
The barely audible whisper roused Demetrius out of the calm silence of reflection.
”You have done well Brother, our people would be proud,” spoke Shadow.
”There is still many things I wish to understand,” replied Demetrius.
”All will be revealed in time.” Shadow replied. “The time draws near I will guide you to her.”
”I will be ready brother,” Demetrius replied.
”She is wandering in the Dark of the force. Bring her the light, you are our last hope.” Shadow said.
”I do not understand,” Demetrius responded,
”You must face your inner Dark,” said the image fading away.
”W..” Demetrius began to say. Then shook his head softly, “And the council says I’m a mystery,” He commented to himself. A series of whistles and beeps came from behind him.
   ”Hey VE-2,” Demetrius said “Who’s your friend?” He asked noting the R2 astromech accompanying his friend. Another series of beeps and whistles came from VE-2.
”You found him in a junk-pile?” VE-2 whistled chastisingly. “Sorry, you found her in a junk-pile?” VE-2 whistled and beeped.
”Of course, an astromech was on my to do list. She’s a classic. I don’t think they even make them anymore. I’d be happy to have her.” Demetrius said. Turning to the R2 he said “That light grey almost looks silver,” he said “Silver… Can I call you Syl?” he was pleased to hear an affirmative chirp. Syl chirped again inquisitively.
”Of course, get cleaned up and meet me on my ship,” Demetrius replied.
Nova waited patiently her T7 by her side for Demetrius to come. “There you are, A bit of an old-school choice,” She said noting the R2 alongside him.
”Not even in the same league as yours,” He replied “this is ‘Syl’ where’d you get him?”
”You're not the only one who can make stuff,” She said. “And it’s her.”
”I am surrounded by females,” Demetrius said mock woefully. Syl chirped.
”She’s right, we’re not just pretty faces. Many men would gladly trade places with you,” Nova chided.
”I can tell I’ll have my hands full,” Demetrius replied, “Let’s prep the ship.”

“Master Valiant, come in, this is Demetrius and Nova. We’re calling from my ship for instructions,” Demetrius said.
”You, haven’t named her yet?!” Nova said. Demetrius began to reply when Connor appeared.
“Twi’lek’s place high importance on naming things, and sarcasm,”
he said chuckling ”They seem to have you surrounded my friend,” he said.
”My ship, my call,” Demetrius replied.
”Rightly put,” Connor replied. “Your primary mission is artifact recovery,” He began, “over the years many of the Jedi and Sith artifacts have been looted, lost, or sold. Nova has the list.”
”Sounds like we may have competition,” commented Demetrius.
”Yes, The Sith, while they do not often involve themselves firsthand they have many shall we say ‘associates.’ Although as you know they seem to be more active as of late. Do as you deem wisest in your interactions with those you’ll encounter. Follow Nova’s lead, she is a skilled negotiator.” Connor replied.
”Yes Master,” Demetrius replied.
”Make for Tatooine, the Cantinas, while not pleasant, are a place where information flows freely for those who know what motivates tongues to loosen. Master Valiant out.” He said. Connor couldn’t seem to help a chuckle.
   “What amuses you Valiant?” Master Nal asked.
“I can’t help thinking I just launched the most critical, potentially potent weapon in the galaxy into a sandbox.” Connor said.
“A sand box loaded with a variety of potential explosives, should be entertaining to see what they do,” Master Sentential said.


The sound of rushed footsteps echoed on the ramp.
”Sorry I’m late, Kylo-Enthi, reporting per Master Valiant’s orders” said the young Mirialan. He was dressed  in clean crisp clothes as was his custom, and as was his preference carried twin DC-17’s.
”I hope that is not a habit Snappy,” Demetrius said seriocomically. “Not that you’re not welcome, But did Master Valiant happen to tell you just what he thought I could use you for?”
”He did,” the young Mirialan replied. “He felt you might like to have a dedicated pilot, even if only in reserve. I’m a crack-shot with firearms,”
“You’re a crack shot with something…” Demetrius teased seriously.
“a Jedi with a warped sense of humor, I can live with that,” Kylo said.  I can also man the guns if need be, and can also help with any repair.”
”Fine,” Demetrius replied, addressing the whole group “Just so we are clear, this ship took a lot of work, so please, don’t go messing around unless you discuss it with me first.”
”Fair enough,” replied Kylo.
”Still needs a name though,” commented Nova. Demetrius took a deep calming breath.
”En’thed,” Demetrius said. “it is an old D’ual word meaning ‘we are one together’. It also can mean ‘family’ in the sense of those outside your own kind or bloodline.”
”I like it,” Nova said. Both astromechs whistled merrily.
”Works for me,” Kylo responded.



Kylo’s flying as promised was skillful and smooth.
“Kylo’s a good pilot,” Nova said to Demetrius.
“It was thoughtful of Connor to send him, means I’m free to make and finalize plans sooner than if I had to fly myself,”Dem responded.
  “Speaking of planning,” Nova began, “We should plan how we want to go about this,” Nova said apprehensively, “The scoundrels who frequent the cantinas don’t even really trust each-other, and they’re especially unfriendly to Jedi.”
”I have a way to disguise or lightsabers,” Demetrius said opening a cabinet of old mandalorian style armor pieces. “I retrofitted the concealed wrist chambers to conceal our sabers. We’ll need to outfit ourselves with vibro-blades, amph-staffs or blasters, and play things by ear.”
“An unusual talent to be sure, most people don’t even really use their ears to listen” said Nova wryly.
  “Cute, I can always count on that Twi’lek humor,” Demetrius said.
”It’s a start anyway,” She replied, choosing some modified twin DH-17 pistols. Demetrius picked out twin vibro-blades with cortosis weave along with a modified DL-44. “Not quite as practical as light-sabers, but they’ll have to do,” he said wistfully.
“Cheer up kid,” Nova quipped merrily, “If you’re patient and good I’ll get you a monkey lizard.” Demetrius rolled his eyes.
”Very amusing,” He said wryly, causing Nova to laugh.
                                                                                                           
                                                                                                        
The warm, if not oppressive heat of Tatooine was enough to make almost anyone who wasn’t stuck or there by choice long for the cool of Bespin, or the wet of Kamino. Almost any place else was preferable to the parched sand box full of volatile unpredictability. Even so it was still a place that could offer many pleasures to those with the right mix of influential allies and ambitions. Nova was glad of Demetrius’s presence by her side, as she could read what was in the appraising glances of many along the market thoroughfare.

”Well hello gorgeouss, looking for work?” said the raspy voice of a Trandoshan.
”Not if it’s the kind I think you’re offering pucker face,” Nova replied coldly. The Trandoshan hissed:
”Sssso Rude,”
”You want me to be polite?” Nova inquired, “Then try being respectful, because my friend here is not as even tempered as I am.” She said as they moved past when
a voice spoke from the shadows:
 “Such fire, and a sense of propriety,” said a Nautolan. “Forgive my associate dear, he means well but lacks in any sense of tact. I am Elitha-Kahn. Call me ‘Eli’” He said.
”I’m Nova, and this vibro-blade of a humanoid is Demetrius.” Nova replied.
”Welcome to our little community,” Eli replied, “As my friend said, I believe I have a proposition that will appeal to you, that is if you and your friend are as handy with those weapons as I think you are.”
”We’re going to need more than that stellar explanation before we even remotely consider agreeing,” Demetrius said.
”So there is more than just lean muscle to your friend,” Eli responded.
“In this type of place I’m counting on it,” Nova said. Eli continued:
”Many of the outlying moisture farms have been hit hard by sand people and have been in need of medical assistance, kits to be precise. But getting them from these thugs is not cheap, and the local government phhh… forget it. I’ve tried many times to find people to do this, if you’ll help me I will do what I can to make it worth your while.”
”Scoundrel with a conscience, not often that you can find one these days. want to get something up front or take his IOU?” Demetrius said suggestively.
”We will acquire what we can for you Eli, and discuss a fair price based on how much we bring you.” Nova replied.
”You have my, and the farmers thanks, deliver them personally to Alicia, once she has them she will let me know, and I will do what I can to pay you.” He replied.
Back on the ship Demetrius, Nova and Kylo were talking, trying to decide on a course of action.
 ”While we can do it by ourselves, I’m not convinced that’s the best way,” Demetrius said.
 ”The more people that get involved the further complicated it gets,” said Nova.
 ”What do we know about who has what and what it would take to get them?” Kylo asked.
 ”The Government supply is overseen by Weta, a Toydarian,” began Demetrius, “Eli says Weta is a compulsive gambler," Demetrius said
 ”perhaps we can use that” Nova said.
 ”My thoughts as well,” Demetrius responded.
 The cantina proved to be as Connor had said it would be. A place of thriving ambiguity, with a distinguishable hint of vindictive nostalgia.
 Despite the feel of the place with its dim lighting, it was well kept and did not smell atrociously. A thing for which Nova was eternally grateful. Demetrius spotted Weta complaining to the bartender.  

"They only steal the med kits when they are in transport because no one can get past my security once they're in the vault," He said.
 "Willing to bet on that?" Demetrius asked. It grew eerily quiet instantly.
 "Why would I do that?" Weta queried.
 "What have you got to worry about? I'll make you a deal, I’ll try to  find a way to steal from you. if I'm caught while in your facility I will rebuild your sail barge. If not I am free to keep whatever I take from your facility." Demetrius said.
 "We have a bet then, Come for a tour whenever you wish. All these bear witness to the terms. I will enjoy watching you rebuild my barge," Weta said departing.
  “Hey kid, wait up a sec,” An old storm trooper,Demetrius could tell by the scarred remnants of the armor approached Demetrius. “Something I can help you with Lieutenant?” Demetrius asked noting the old worn rank markers and medals.
“Name’s Kilo. Me and my crew been working for that stiff Weta a long time now, doing delivery runs from that facility to an Imperial base that doesn’t even need what we’re taking to’em.” Kilo said.
“So you want what exactly?” Demetrius.
“We want out but we’ve been to useful, the only way out is to be fired, and we haven’t lost a shipment yet.” Kilo replied. “I figure I make a deal with you. Weta’s got another load he’s sending with us 300 tons, med kits and other stuff, let us have 10% of the load, and the rest is yours if you convince Weta it was you that took it.”
“Alright we’ll work out details, remember though, it’s your risk as much as it’s mine,” Demetrius said.


“Are you completely insane?! Never mind don’t answer that,” said Nova emphatically. “I examined the schematics, the system is almost entirely automated, the odds of success are about 70 sextillion to one in Weta’s favor. “
”The fact that almost everybody is thinking that is the advantage,” Demetrius replied.  Nova gave him a puzzled look. “He expects the obvious, for me to come in covertly, which works in my favor for what I plan.” Demetrius said.
”I think I see what you’re getting at,” Kylo said. “You’re betting on his ego and empirical thinking.”
”His focus on the overtly obvious, means he’s likely to miss maybe even over-look things he might not otherwise,” Demetrius replied.
”Most of those who have tried to steal have gone around the vault, taking shipments coming to the vault, or after the stuff is sent out on a freighter. He’s so sure his vault system can’t be beat,” Demetrius continued “But it’s not stealing if he himself authorized the shipment. There’s a  ship that Weta is expecting. I met the pilot and crew, they offered 90 percent of 300 tons to us to get them out from under Weta’s contract. Kylo flies, they load, we split, and Weta thinks it was me.”

Eli gave me the transceiver code of a ship that Weta is expecting. Nova, you need to make sure the actual ship and crew don’t arrive or warn Weta while Kylo is being loaded. I’ll provide distraction as needed.”
”I hope it works,” Kylo said.
  The siren blared from the facility 5 minutes too late as Demetrius and crew made their way to the drop point.
“I can’t believe that worked!” Said Kylo enthusiastically.“Get the meds delivered,” Demetrius instructed Nova and Kylo. “I need to go back to the cantina to deal with a very unhappy Toydarian.”
Demetrius did not have long to wait.
  ”You!” Weta said angrily, blaster pointed at Demetrius. “You swindled me!” he said.
”Pointing a blaster at me accomplishes nothing,” Demetrius responded. “Now what seems to be the problem?”
”It was not a fair bet! You misled me! Robbed me blind! I’m ruined!” Weta replied.”
”Let our compatriots judge for themselves if the bargain has been broken,” Demetrius replied. “Allow me to read it:
‘I'll make you a deal, I’ll try to  find a way to steal from you. if I'm caught while in your facility I will rebuild your sail barge. If not I am free to keep whatever I take from your facility.’”
"We have a bet then, Come whenever you wish. All these bear witness to the terms.”
“As all here can see I’m not in your facility,” Demetrius began.
“I don’t know how you did it, but i don’t care! There is no way you were ever in the facility which violates the bargain!” Weta quarreled.
   ”No it doesn’t,” Demetrius said calmly. “The bargain language does not exclude a crew from being involved, it didn’t even really require my presence. Just a robbery, and a getaway. That’s beside the fact that if there was a crew as you say, can you prove they work for me?
”I’ll see you Rot in a cell you Imp!” Weta replied hostily. Swifter than a blink Demetrius moved, wrenching the blaster from Weta’s hands, holding it casually in Weta’s general direction.
  ”You might want to think that through Weta,” Replied Demetrius serenely, the details of the theft imply complicity on your part. But back to the question, if anyone here believes I broke our agreement they are now free to speak.” No one did. ”This is not over!” Replied Weta.
”I’d advise you to let this go friend, don’t let your ego be your undoing.” Demetrius responded.

 Demetrius took a speeder to where Alicia, Kahn, Nova and Kylo were waiting.
”Well played!” Khan said. “It never ceases to please me to see a snob humbled.”
”You have bargaining power with this, use it wisely,” Demetrius said.
”you have done a worthy thing Master Jedi,” Kahn said, “I am ready to keep my end of the deal, name your price.”
”I believe I’ll leave that to Nova,” Demetrius said.
”Of course Master Jedi,” Eli replied.
”Eli,” She said, “You have earned our trust and respect, Demetrius and I are tasked with acquiring as many of these Items as we can,” she said handing him the list.
     ”Any information you have or come by would be most helpful,” She finished.  
 "Consider it done," Eli replied. Eli looked at the list. "I can currently only help with rumor of one of these items," he said. "These 'holocrons' there is talk of them on a ship that recently crashed on Hoth. And talk of a strange object in a sand demon's cave near here."
"I'll look into that," Demetrius said much to Nova's relief.
"We are forever in your debt, and I have contacts in many places, whatever you require I am but a call away."Here are the coordinates," Eli said.
"Call us if you need help, and be careful out there." Nova said.
Demetrius scouted cautiously, moving speedily yet slowly as to not get dehydrated, or overheat in the sun, even though he could handle problems he wasn't planning to deal with more than he absolutely had to.  Demetrius carefully approached the cave.  
    "Caution is for the weak," said a voice. Demetrius turned surprised he hadn't sensed anything. Seeing only a bright crimson glowing figure he asked:"Who are you?"
 "I am who you could be if you embrace your dark power, only with me can you save her, your kin." The apparition spoke.
"I recognize you for what you are demon," Demetrius replied, "but you will never be master over me.
"Fool! I will destroy you!" The figure yelled. The light saber fight was brief and intense, Demetrius eventually disarming the apparition.
"You have proven your way viable, and unified our essence, we are at peace, one." The image vanished, leaving behind a holocron.
"Saved me a trip I guess," Demetrius said.

“Should it take him this long?” Nova asked “I’m beginning to worry,” She confessed to Eli.
”You care for him more than you would have me believe, or at least are willing to express for your own sake,” He commented.  “He is difficult to not be fond of, a being of great depth and complexity.”
”Many of the masters would not approve, yet from the moment I met him there’s been a deep profound bound, unlike any I’ve ever known.” She replied.
“Even a simple creature such as I can sense a ‘but’ in what is unsaid,” Kahn responded.
”He is one of the last surviving of his kind, he’s been told to seek out the other so his race can survive.” She replied sadly.
”The future holds many unknowns that are not predictable, at least that’s what the teaching of Jedi I’ve read say,” Eli said. “Speak to him, see what he sees.”
”Thank-you Eli,” She replied.
”Don’t mention it, under this rugged exterior lies an unabashed romantic soul,” Eli replied. “ I would however, suggest you not delay too long in making you discovery on how he feels.
“remember life is short, and the opportunity, not taken is risking a great loss.

Nova took some time after her discussion with Eli, and while waiting for Demetrius to return to reflect, Eli spoke truthfully , and there was great conflict within her, because The code forbade Jedi to have the type of relationship she felt with Demetrius. and while she was not totally certain, She felt he felt the same way.




She felt his presence drawing closer. It was STRONG. seeming to drown out all else of the force she might be able to feel. His strength in  the force radiated. it was intoxicating. Filling her to bursting.
Kylo walked hurriedly to the lounge “Master ‘D’ wanted to let you know…”
”He’s on his way. Yes, thank-you Kylo,” Nova replied, opening her eyes from her meditation.
”You ruin all my fun,” Kylo said, “Did you read my mind or something?”
”Demetrius is strong in the force, I can feel, see, or even hear through the force his presence . Demetrius and I share a special bond. Strange though, I had not thought it possible but it is as if his power has increased, so pure and powerful. As if what was before was but a grain of sand in comparison.”
Demetrius reached the ramp. “I believe I found something we were looking for,” He said.
“It is but the first of many hopefully,” Nova reminded them. “we still have many artifacts to track down. Let us make for Hoth,” replied Nova.
”Out of the frying-pan and into the freezer we go,” Kylo quipped. They all got a good laugh, Demetrius spoke, I’m going back to rest, but call if I’m needed,” he said.
The voice woke Demetrius from rest:
”I feel your power brother, the dark answers to your call but cannot touch you, this is good.”
”I’m glad you’re glad and all, but maybe you could give me some answers now instead of riddles?” Demetrius said.
”All is now yours to be answered,” Shadow replied.”Okay,” Demetrius remarked, “How about giving me her name?”
“I have told you before but I shall remind you,” Shadow said. Ash’ana,” Shadow answered.
”Okay, Now we’re getting somewhere,” Demetrius said. “Now say I bring her back to the light, then what do I need to do to keep our race going?”
””She needs nothing to bear, save maturity, which draws near, and balance in the force, if you cannot return her, you must end her.” Shadow replied. “Without balance a plague of unequalled darkness will be unleashed through her.”
”I will do everything I can Brother,” Demetrius replied.
”I will trouble you no more, but seek, and I will come.” Shadow said fading into nothingness.

Nova after a while decided she’d best just  do as Eli had advised, before she lost her nerve. walking quietly down to where Demetrius was resting she spoke softlyCan I trouble you Dem?” inquired Nova.
”You are always welcome, and you already trouble me enough by being pretty, ” Demetrius said.
“While I appreciate the humor ”I find myself in a quandary,” She began, “I’m struggling with what to do. I’m afraid of an attachment I believe I’m developing.”
”Attachments are a natural part of life Nova,” he replied. “Does this disturb you because of what you may gain, or because you fear what might or might not be?” he asked.
“It is a passionate wish to have, that vexes me,” Nova replied. “I know many in the order still do not approve of base feelings. Please, tell me, what do you think?”
“You did not answer my question Nova, But I will answer what you’ve asked,” Dem said.
”The council is wise, but is neither perfect nor infallible Nova,” Demetrius replied
”Do you feel uneasy due to tradition and code, or because you are at war with yourself?”
”I do not know,” She replied.
”Yes you do,” Demetrius replied. “We’ve both felt it since the moment we met. The masters of the council put us together deliberately to test us, to see which came first: Learning or loving. I believe the best course of action is to express our love in words and in only the actions we believe the council would approve.”
“So does that mean you feel the same for me as I do for you?” Nova asked. Demetrius gently took her hands in his, his eyes loving and his voice sincere said “You are the reason I know what love is Nova, at the same time we must show due respect for The orders and councils rules in regards to how we interact. It is not a predicament I would’ve wished to put either of us in, but it is where we are.”
“Your words quiet my angst Dem, I am at peace with your suggestion,” Nova said.

HOTH:
“One planet sized ice cube, as ordered,” Kylo quipped.
”What is it with you and your magnanimously colorful descriptions?” Demetrius asked.
”Ehm, Moving on,” Kylo replied. Nova laughed.
”Ignore Dem, Kylo, he’s just messing with you,” she said, “besides Dem, I rather like Kylo’s elaborate depictions.”
Thank-you! It’s nice to be appreciated,” Kylo replied.
“You’re a mutinous lot,” replied Demetrius. “While this whimsical banter is amusing, it won’t help us get what we’re after.”
”I’ll get Kahn on the holo, see if he has anything more for us,” Nova quickly replied.
It was but a moment before the Nautolan appeared.
Hello my friends,” He said.
”Good to see you Eli,” responded Demetrius warmly.
”Returns to you my prodigal companion,” Eli answered back. Turning to Nova he said:
”You look much more at peace than when we last spoke. Am I to take that as a happy resolution to your dilemma?”
”All is well Eli, Thank-you,” replied Nova happily.
”Then let us move on to the business at hand.” Eli said. I have a contact, Quin, who will be of help to you. However there is other news, not good I’m afraid. Reports of ruthless slaughter of anybody who attempts to approach the ship in question, and that’s not all. It seems the killer uses a light-saber quite well.”
”always an attention getter, and rarely a good one,” Demetrius replied.
”Hoth may be inhabited by people with questionable motives, but they still deserve a little help,” said Nova.
”I agree,” Eli replied.
”then tell Quin to expect us,” Demetrius instructed.
“I’ll leave you to it then, Eli out.”
“Well, I assume you have a plan?” Kylo inquired.
”Nova and Lola will be with me, Kylo. You and Syl land in the shuttle separately, do as you like, but try to stay out of trouble, and wait for my call. I want to see what we’re getting into.” Dem stated. Kylo sighed.
”C’mon Syl, I knew he’d want to drive eventually,” he said.
”En’thed, this is Quin. You are cleared to land, docking bay One West,” He said. Quin waited as the ship touched down, the hiss of the lowering load ramp in his ear as Demetrius and Nova exited.
  ”Welcome to Hoth Master Jedi,” Quin stated. “Come in from the frost and I’ll brief you on the situation.” As they walked Quin continued:
”A rather unique vessel you have,” Demetrius gave him a “hands off” look.
”Moving on then,” Quin said. “I was able to do a quick personal examination of the ship you’re interested in before I was recalled due to weather. Since then, no one has been able to get close and live. I have proof from a crate that there is ‘force artifacts,” he said producing an ornate Holocron. Nova couldn’t conceal her surprise.”That is not just a holocron, it’s one of the noetikons,” She said, “They were thought lost or destroyed on Tython.”
”Yours, as can be the rest for the right price,” Quin intoned.
    ”Do you have any idea the gravity of who you're attempting to deal with?!” Said Nova coldly.
”Peace, Nova,” Dem said calmly “What do you want?” Dem asked Quin.
”I see you’re the sensible one,” Quin remarked.
”It’s simple. Get my crew to the ship to bring me whatever’s in there, and the ‘Force artifacts are yours. Are we agreed?”
    ”Agreed. Double-cross me at your own peril,” Replied Demetrius menacingly.
“I’m sorry Dem, I lost my head,” said Nova apologetically.
”He is greedy, but it is best to avoid making more adversaries than we need to,” Demetrius replied.
”Can we trust him?” Nova asked.
“Greed is an unpredictable ally,” Dem said, “Have Daisy send Kylo and Syl a message to see what they can learn about this ‘crew’ of Quin’s.”


“He comes,” whispered the voice in her head.
The lone slender female D’ual of about 5’10”  who looked like a cross between a Kaffir and Dathomirian, was used to the cold and it did not bother her. The constant and prolonged battle of the voices in her head had been ongoing since time forgotten. The inner battle, once thought finished roared to life once again. An inner spark of light beginning to flicker. Her misty pink eyes opened and slowly shut again.
”Who comes?” She quietly asked.
Her inner darkness took on form and spoke:
”The light. Destroy the light. Light is weak, Dark is strong. Stay with the Dark,” said the voice threateningly.
Ash’ana could begin to feel a glimmer of light strength returning. feeling like just maybe there was a chance after all this time to start over. “give me one good reason,” she asked of her apparition. vehemently the apparition lifted her, violently throwing her body against a variety of objects like a rag doll.
“Weakling! betray me now and I will destroy you! Finish what I’ve started, Destroy your kin Or I destroy you!” it said releasing a battered Ash’ana to the floor sharply.
Ash’ana sobbed the fragment of her light self, flickering, but nearly out again managed a weak cry from the depth of her being. Speaking with earnestness which comes from one tormented “Help me… Help me…”
Quin was finishing giving Demetrius instructions:
”Here are the coordinates. Remember, keep the way clear for my crew and we can both get what we want.”
”Can’t wait to get this over with,” said Nova sarcastically.

The specially equipped snow speeders seemed to zip along at a speed that made Sand-crawlers seem fast across the frozen tundra. The weather, while temporarily clear, was still cool enough to chill most species to the bone. They were nearing the crash site when Nova spoke up “Demetrius…” She said with a tone that bespoke trouble. Looking up he saw two cloaked figures about 4 meters ahead blocking their path. One a Void of dark energy, the other his kin to weak to  fight it with unignited light-saber in hand. Demetrius knew even without a good clear view. It was time.

”Go Nova. It is my kin.” Nova appeared about to say something,
”Complete your task, I must complete mine,” He said shedding his outer coat.
”Finally we Meet,” She said.
”I do not wish to fight you Ash’ana,” replied Demetrius “Do not let the Dark control you any longer.” The dark apparition cackled. “She is mine Orc’handor; you cannot have her. One of you will die today. But I will try to have her make it as painful as possible before I have her destroy you.” it said igniting Ash’ana’s pink blade.
“the only thing to be mastered today will be you Dark one,” Demetrius said.
”Then die a fool,” it said. “The Dark cannot be beaten.” Dem sighed, igniting his light-saber. The sharp crack fizzle of his saber sounded sharply in the crisp air as he said “Nothing like dueling with deadly weapons to bring family together,” dropping into soresu. Ash’ana leapt bringing to bear her eclectic mix of Ataru and va-paad striking with great speed and strength. Demetrius employing every technique he’d learned in his dueling sessions, knowing this was it. Her blade and force skills unleashed like a torrent of violent, yet effective butchery. His the well executed strokes of a master surgeon, and both of them taking a beyond lethal beating, but somehow still going on.   The hiss and crackle of striking blades rang in the air. The blades steaming, the opponent's breathing heavily. Both receiving blows. He pressed her, sensing her Darkness reaching the breaking point. Unexpectedly he reversed his grip disarming Ash’ana. Employing a brutal force throw, sending her crashing against the cold hard cliff almost 3 meters away. From within her the darkness cried:

”Nooo!”
”You can defeat it Ash’ana,” Demetrius said.
”It is too strong,” She cried.
”Then borrow of my strength Ash’ana” he replied, “Let my light fuel yours.”
From within her the darkness cried again: ”Nooo!”
Demetrius could sense the flame of light bursting out. Bright, full, and pure as the snow around them as she said: ”The chains are broken, I am D’ual, The Force is balance, the light is mine,” She said collapsing exhausted into the snow breathing heavily. Demetrius called for her light-saber collecting it.”You have freed me,” She said.
”You have freed yourself Ash’ana,” answered Demetrius. “Come, let’s get those wounds looked at, then we can talk.

“So, this was the menace that was murdering my crews,” Quin said, blaster in hand motioning his security detail. The detail surrounding Demetrius and Nova. “I apologize for the necessary deception, but I’ll need to take her. I’m sure you understand,” Quin began.  “I will make her pay for her actions, you have my word.”
“Demetrius,” Nova said, “Don’t” she could tell how close to collapse he was, but he did it any way. An enormous force repulse sent the guards flying. Throwing the blaster from Quin’s hand.
”You will do nothing that I do not instruct. Take her to the medical bay.” Demetrius replied.
”This is my facility,” Quin began, “And I’ll do as I bloody well…egh, ack,” he was cut short in a force choke.
”Your pettiness and greed are most distasteful,” Demetrius spoke menacingly. “Allow me to reiterate: You will do nothing while I’m here that I do not tell you to, Understood?” He asked letting Quin go. Visibly shaken he responded
”My apologies Master Jedi, you shall have no more trouble from me, I take my leave,” he said departing the room.
”Take her to the medical bay and see to her,” Said Nova, “Are you alright?” she asked Demetrius.
”I’ve been better,” he replied, “Not too proud of that back there though.
”You’ve scared me enough for one trip,” Nova said, “however, we did recover a significant number of artifacts from the ship, including the other Noetikons. Master Valiant will be pleased,” She said embracing him warmly. He grimaced. “Sorry,” she said apologetically.
”If that didn’t hurt I’d let you do it as long as you like,” He teased.
“Well then, let’s get you patched up cutie,” she replied.

The medical bay was actually relatively quiet barring the soft hum of machinery. “I do not know your name,” Ash’ana said quietly.
”Demetrius, but ‘Dem’ is fine too,” He replied.
”I am at a loss for what I’m to do when I’m better,” She said.
”Come to Yavin 4 with me,” Dem replied, “There you will have time and quiet to decide your path without hurry.”
”Okay you two enough chatter,” The Doctor said. “I need to give you a sleep aid so I can get you patched up.”
”See that nothing happens to Ash’ana,” Demetrius said.
”Do not fret master Jedi,” the doctor responded. “I will personally see to her safety.”
It was some time later when Nova had a chance to talk with the doctor.
”How are they?”
”They are sleeping,” he replied. “I have done what I can. Their ability to even survive to be treated, is far and above my experience of treating people who should be dead. They both took a gargantuan thrashing, more than I’ve ever seen of even the most resilient of known species.They must have an incredible ability to self heal, but even so he took a beating the likes of which I’ve ‘never seen. He’s scarred up with saber wounds everywhere. ”
“Will he be okay?” Nova asked.
“I know you’re concerned,” he began to reply,” I do not wish to add, but I honestly do not know. I believe they have as good as chance as any, considering what I’ve seen, But there is so much about them we do not know. we are left with guessing. which I’m not comfortable with.”
“What about her?” Nova asked.
“He’s a man who knows what he’s doing. Her wounds are far less severe, but no less in number. He’d make a wonderful doctor or surgeon, I rarely say this of battle wounds but it’s gorgeous work,” He replied.
”Can they be moved? I do not wish to rush, but I also wish to get the artifacts safely into Jedi hands,” Nova said.
”While I know next to nothing of their biology, and would love a chance to talk to them, I believe you are right,” he began. “and while I’m not sure, I do believe it is far safer to treat them off world then risk Quin’s instability of mood,” he finished.

Back on the ship they were loaded and ready. “All set master Nova,” Kylo said.
”Take us home Kylo,” She said.
“Right away,” He replied.
”No witty remark today, eh Kylo?” She asked.
”Didn’t really feel like an appropriate time for frivolous joviality,” He answered.
”I suppose not,” She responded.
Once they were smoothly underway Nova went back to check on Demetrius and Ash’ana.
   Nova found Ash’ana in the lounge, sitting quietly, and about to nod off. “You are up,” Nova said to Ash’ana.
”Yes,” she replied. “ My wounds are but that of a master surgeon. Precise, but minimalistic.”
”That is his way,” Nova confirmed.”Everyone I’ve talked to says as much.”
”He let the Dark within me exhaust itself, rather than destroy me, though he had ample opportunity.” She continued. “I’m his elder you know. They sent him away practically a child, I was 14 of our years, and deeply in love. I never forgave Shadow for sending me away.” Nova rested a hand on Ash’ana’s shoulder.
   ”I am sorry,” She said helping Ash’ana to a chair. “Please, tell me more of your people, your customs.”
”D’ual was a place of both balance and contradictions” began Ash’ana.
”A race of Grey force Masters, long lived. In 1 of your standard years a D’ual live averages 2.5 millennia.”
”How did we not sense you? You don’t look old, How is this?” Nova asked.

”The masters united their will in the force as a shield against discovery. D’ual are hyper-intelligent and retain physical and mental agility prime at about 20 years of age, and do not suffer the effects of deformation or debilitation,” Ash’ana replied.
”You are saying your race is one that is eternally young? Tell me more,” Nova said.
”While we are long lived. I do not know if ours is an immortal race,” Ash’ana said. “We who are not of the purest bloodline average 1.8 millennia of your standard years in life-span. The Pure lines can live or even eclipse 2.5 millennia with ease. Do you think he will be alright?” Ash’ana asked Nova. ”He is the finest being I’ve ever had the privilege to know,” She replied softly. “It is out of our hands, but I will hope for the best for both our sakes.”
”I will watch now,” Ash’ana said “You must rest, and not worry.”
“You should rest, you also are in pain, I feel it.” Nova replied. “I will check on Dem.”
“I’ve missed enough time in my responsibility to watch over him. Please, let me do what is my role to do,” Ash’ana asked. Nova left leaving Ash’ana to watch.
  As Ash’ana watched the unconscious form resting she took advantage of the quiet to meditate. She began to feel again many emotions which she had not in a very long time, the strongest of which was gratitude.
   “It is not his time, as it was not yours,” a voice said.
”Shadow?” Ash’ana inquired.
”It is I,” He said. “Once you allowed the lightness within to express itself again no longer do I speak and your ears are deaf to me.”
Ash’ana smiled a sad yet peaceful smile. "I still miss you terribly, but I am content. I now understand, and the past does no longer enslave me,” She replied.
”It is well then,” He replied. “His recovery will be slower than normal, but I tell only you this so that you may not worry, this knowledge is yours alone. Continue to meditate, there is much to learn.”






“Master he is waking,” Demetrius heard Nova say as his eyes fluttered open.
”Welcome back to the land of the living my friend,” Connor said.
“I knew it couldn’t be transcendence when I saw that mug of yours Connor,” Demetrius said.
“Sorry to disappoint my friend,” Connor said, You’re in Yavin 4’s med bay, gave us quite a scare, nearly lost you several times.”
“Ash’ana always seemed to know what you needed. She’s spent much time in the library too,” Nova said.
”Ash’ana,” Dem said quietly.
”I am here ‘Menen’” She said.
”Menen,” Connor said, “What is that?” he asked.
”Demetrius is now oldest male D’ual of royal bloodline. ‘Menen’ is his title. Roughly translated in your tongue is: ‘Embodiment of the Living Force.’” Ash’ana answered.
”Sounds like Shadow talked to you,” said Demetrius, sitting up slowly.
”He did not tell you?’ asked Ash’ana appearing greatly surprised.
”He’s got a tendency to be cryptic,” Dem replied, “he’s not made of habit of directly telling me things. It’s enough to give a person a complex.”
Connor interjected “Let’s not overwhelm him, or wear him out,” he began “Nova, Ash’ana, let’s let him rest. Take it easy friend,” he said as they left.

“It is these times I wish I could talk to Master Skywalker, or maybe master Yoda” Connor said wistfully as they walked the halls of the temple.
”Did you know Master Skywalker Master?” inquired Nova.
”Not personally, but the legacy he left us is still felt,” Connor replied, I was backtracking his story in the Dagobah system when I met Demetrius. Nobody knew that planet he was on was even in that system, it wasn’t on any chart.  I only found it because the Sith assassin attacked my ship. Until Demetrius the Skywalker like was among the most powerful in the force in the last millennia. Next to the Yuuzahn-vong the D’ual race is the most intriguing in the dichotomy of force sensitivity/ force exemption we’ve encountered.”
“They were the great evil of a psychopathic D’ual leader of ages past,” Ash’ana said. “It was them who turned on their master, nearly destroying our race before coming to your galaxy. It was the other leaders hope that Menen and I could help you fight and defeat them, but we were found too late to help you before they struck.”
”It seems there is much yet still to learn of D’ual’s,” Connor commented. “See what you can do to update the D’ual file in the archives Ash’ana. ”It will be my honor,” She answered inclining her head and departing.

“It has been a very long 3 months,” Nova said to Connor.
“It was wise of you to come to us about you and Demetrius, Connor replied.“You have shown great patience in waiting and respecting the council in regards to your request about yours and Dem’s relationship,” He began. “You have both shown yourselves to be able and stable in your actions , and the council agrees for the most part. Based on that, you and Demetrius will be allowed to do as you choose, provided you maintain proper and reasonable decorum in public on temple or enclave grounds. What you do beyond those parameters is your own decision.”
”Thank-you Master,” replied Nova.
”Go, be with Demetrius, help him to get ready, and then I’ll see you both in council chambers shortly,” Connor responded.

The council chamber seemed awash in a serene, yet lively anticipation. Connor came in with Ash’ana and master Sentential stood and began to speak:
“Fellow Masters, it is with great pleasure that I call this meeting. These 3” he said pointing to Nova, Demetrius, and Ash’ana, “leave us greatly in their debt. They have done more to deepen our understanding of the Force, and recover our Heritage than any would’ve dreamed possible.  In recognition of this and by the will of this council, I hereby bestow the rank of ‘Master’ to Demetrius and Nova.” There was light applause and many head nods of acknowledgment all around.

”You have both done so much,” said Master Kenyon, to Nova and Demetrius. “Yet if you are willing, there is one more critical task we would assign to you,” Master Cel took over.
”We have many force adepts off-world and have sensed many more, yet we do not have many masters free to oversee them, or space, we wish you to take on this momentous task, the details of which Master Valiant will fill you in later.”
”I will speak to my crew at the earliest opportunity,” Dem replied.
”May the force be with you,” Valiant said.
“Master Nova, Demetrius, a moment please,” said Master Sentential, catching up with them in the hall.
”Master Nal, what can we do for you?” inquired Demetrius.
”There is a young, force adept I’m hopeful you might be able to connect with, the rest of have tried, but can’t seem to get through to her.”
”We’re happy to help in any way we can,” Nova replied.
”I happen to know she’s in the library, come. Let me walk with you..” Master Nal responded.
The library was empty and quiet, but for one small sad, lonely figure.
”Is that her?” Asked Nova. Before master Nal could reply Demetrius had walked most of the way to where the figure sat forlornly sobbing quietly.
  “I’ll hate this, All I want is one person I can count on! someone  I can to go to. Is that too much to ask?” she said in frustration. The girl said despairingly, tossing the holocron aside saying  “I’ll never be a jedi, I can’t even get this thing open.” Demetrius heard her say. He could sense the deep hurt and low self-esteem that plagued her and responded. “Perhaps I can help you,” He replied gently. “Many things which feel impossible are only so when we feel alone and without aid.” He said.” I’m Demetrius, call me ‘Dem.”
”I’ve heard of you, but you know nothing about me.  You merely presume things based on your own perception.”
“Possibly, But do you mind if I have a try?” He asked.
“Alright, fine,” she replied. “Let’s see if you're as good as others say.”
“You’re Pantoran, rejected by most of your own people, because you are unique”
“Hoorah for figuring out the obvious,” she said sarcastically rolling her eyes.
Demetrius responded: “Your race is known for its strict adherence to tradition, they see your appearance as a blight, to be either tolerated , ignored or destroyed. You may be different, but what you truly are and can be is for you to decide and discover, not me or them. I can help you in that process if you want me to, but it must be your decision.”
She felt for once the sincerity and complete honesty of someone which for her was all too rare, and her mind began to ponder the idea that someone understood and accepted her as she was. She dearly wanted to trust, and believe in someone like that again, But should she, could she? she decided to test him.
 “I’m constantly picked on, and Master August does nothing, instead he to is rough on me,” She said.
“Master August only wishes to encourage and challenge, but his method is not for everyone. It is difficult to show respect, and patience, but allowing you to be teased cruelly is another matter. That cannot be allowed to continue,” Demetrius replied. Her mind raced now. “This one is different,” she thought. “He’s the first I’ve met here to be completely forthright with me.”

”I’ve heard about his skill, but this is the first time I’ve seen it in action, It amazing,” whispered Master Sentential softly to Nova.
”This is where he truly shines,” Nova said appreciatively.

”You truly believe and desire to  help me? How?” she asked, the hope and faith in her eyes beginning to glimmer.
“You need a friend, but more than that, a family, people who care for you and about you,” He began, “Family isn’t just who you’re related to by blood, it’s who you care about, and who cares for you the same way.”
”I am called Alara’wind,” She said, “and I think I’d like very much to be your friend,”
”I am honored,” Demetrius replied. She smiled. “”Anyone who doesn’t appreciate the beauty of what I’m seeing is a fool,” He said “That smile is the first step to accepting who and what you are.”
”Thank-you Master Dem,” she relied as she got up. “I’m going to be late for class if I don’t go, but I hope to see you again.”
”Call on me anytime,” He answered.

”That was well done Master Dem,” Master Nal said. “Your intuition serves you well. You have accomplished in one conversation what many conversations from many others did not.”
”It is a gift of the Force master,” Demetrius responded.

Alara’, feeling freed, and with rejuvenated enthusiasm, walked towards Telekinesis class. She would never say so but she’d never felt as jubilant. there seemed an extra bounce in her step and happy beat in her heart. She now felt she understood at least part of why everyone seemed to hold master Demetrius in such high esteem. She knew one other thing as well, She’d never let anyone deceive her about her outward physiology again. Her dark purple skin, bright blue eyes and blazing white hair, were nothing to be loathing about. She was no genetic mutation.    
Time passed and it seemed to master Sentential that now all he heard was how drastic and amazing the change in Alara’.
“Ah, Master Valiant come in,” said master Sentential. “There is marked improvement with Alara’, Master Demetrius did well in speaking to her.”
”She continues to improve, his speaking with her has dramatically boosted her confidence,and in turn her ability to learn and apply all the skills we’ve been teaching. Hoping to be selected as his padawan. It is a constant request in nearly every talk she has with a council master, and given he’s asked the council about it I assume the feeling is mutual, But he expressed to me that it did not seem like the Council was for that.”
“He shows great restraint and respect for the council, often too much,” master Sentential replied. ”He needs the experience, especially with the mission we’ve assigned. He is right though, the council is divided on this issue, but technically all he needs is approval from 3 Council members and the recommendation of at least one Fellow knight or Master that’s not a council member. See what you can do,” He instructed.
”I will see to it,” Connor said departing.

He was on his way when Alara’ met him.
“You wouldn’t be listening in to private conversations now would you?” Valiant said somewhat teasingly.
“Forgive me Master,” Alara’ replied. “It is difficult for me, I’m Impatient and I feel I annoy. But It is hard not knowing what to do about it and I know it is not the way of the Jedi to make request, but I must know. Please master Valiant, will master Demetrius be allowed to pick an apprentice?”
”I’m all for it Alara’,” He began, “But it is not my place to ignore the code of the council. He’s headed off-world after selection period. Yet you may be more resourceful than you think. I’m sure a solution will make itself known to you.”
Alara’ was later just finishing telling Nova of her conversation with Valiant. “What do you think he meant master Nova?” She asked. Nova couldn’t resist a glimmer of a mischievous grin as she answered: ”A problem or obstacle is an opportunity to find a different way to succeed,” She began. “If you are not chosen tomorrow do not worry. Trust the Force it has a way that while not always as we want it, is always what we need.

In the council chamber there was an ongoing discussion. “The council has been inundated with requests about master Demetrius being on the selection committee,” Valiant said.
“We’re well aware of that Master Valiant,” replied August. “He is not ready.”
“that’s a pile of Bantha Fodder Master August and you know it,” master Zena replied. “Very few of you have bothered to inconvenience yourselves to select an apprentice in recent cycles.  No, you’re too ‘Busy’ for that. fine. But at the very least you should not stand in his way. If he wants to do what many of you should be doing.” Zena finished scathingly.

The padawan selection day was a time was a time of trepidation for the young hopefuls.
                                                                                                            This was the day they found out if all the hours of practice and study had been
enough to earn the notice of a master. In the council chamber there was an ongoing, last minute discussion. “The council acts in poor judgement and wounded ego in not allowing master Demetrius being on the selection committee,” Valiant said.
”I believe we have what we need to clear him,” Said master Vett walking in with Nova. “We three and Nova can do it.”
“According to Code,  3 council masters and at least 1 recommendation from another Knight or master can approve a person for selection committee.” Nova said.
“Going against Council by going around,” Vett said.
”Page Master Zena, Master Demetrius will be allowed to choose an apprentice,” Said Nal.

“That is it for today,” master Zena said as about 30 disappointed young ones began to leave the selection room to wait another cycle. “Alara’ wait just a moment,” Zena said. “While Master Dem’s ways are unorthodox on this we agree: You have great potential.” Demetrius came from behind a wall. “Don’t dawdle apprentice we need to leave shortly.” Alara’ could barely maintain her decorum. “I’ll prepare at once master,” she replied. The two of them then left.

“Master Nova, not picking this cycle are we?” Zena asked. “This surprises me, I know how fond of the young Padawans you are.” nova sighed heavily.
“I so greatly wished to, but I could not find it in me, after so great an apprentice Demetrius was, I felt my expectations of another might be far too high, because of his great ability.”
“Then it was wise that you did not,” Zena replied. “You must be at a place where you can accept the differences between your pupils.”  
 
“Picked her out myself,” Trev said of the MC-80. “I know how you love old school.”
”You’ve outdone yourself Trevalian,” Demetrius replied admiring the old but well kept vessel.
“I can’t accept it, I know what she means to you Trev,” Demetrius replied.
“It served me well back in the day, it would please me ever so much to know she’s being used again,” Trevalian replied.
“I’ll take good care of it Trev, I promise.” Dem replied.
”We call it the ‘Sojo’ugo,” Ash’ana said, “Sojourners refuge.”
” I like it,” Dem, responded.

”Master,” interrupted Alara’ “We are ready to depart when you are.”
“Can’t ever get used to being called ‘master’” Demetrius replied.
“Formality has a limited place in life,” Nova said. “Perhaps we can discuss making some adaptations.”
“I’m for that,” Demetrius replied. Let’s get this show on the road,” He quipped.



“Lesson time Padawan,” Demetrius said.
”Yes Master,” Alara’ replied.
”Tell me, other that the Force, what are a Jedi’s greatest assets?” He asked.
”I am at a loss master,” Alara’ replied.
”Then I will make it a personal question, what do you believe would be good assets for you?”
”A light-saber,” She answered tentatively .
”Not a bad thought,” Began Demetrius, “But not quite what I had in mind. The next best things a Jedi can possess besides the Force are versatility and adaptability. Making the most effective use of every skill or piece of knowledge you can.” He went on. “Using skill and strategy do get an opponent outside their strength. Take Makashi for example. What would you say are its strengths and weaknesses?”
”The strength of Makashi is economy of movement and effort, with weaknesses being power attacks and strong defenses,” She responded.
”Ah, but this is where strategy can play a role, Power attacks can work against a dualist as well. Dueling with a light-saber or any skill for that matter is about finding what strengths they have can be used for your defense, or counterattack. Think on this as you study the dueling forms of the light-saber, sometimes a strength is a weakness if approached correctly. Find examples of this in one or more of the forms for next time,”
”yes master,” she replied.

“Enjoying Training with Demetrius?” Nova asked Alara’.
“I am,” Alara’ replied. “I find it challenging and enjoyable.”
“What assignment did he give you?” Nova asked.
“Studying strengths and weaknesses of the forms of lightsaber combat, although I’m not sure where to begin,” Alara’ responded.
“I remember doing that myself,” Nova said. “I remember it’s that which made me choose to study Ataru. I can give you some pointers for your assignment for that one.”
“That would be great,” Alara’ replied appreciatively.
“Let’s get started then,” Nova said.

“Well, let’s start with Ataru, tell me what you’ve found,” Demetrius instructed.
”Ataru is a high energy physically demanding form of combat which employs use of the duelist’s martial skill as well as the light-saber,” She responded.
”What about strengths and weaknesses?” Dem inquired.
”It has weaknesses in its demands on energy and physical prowess, plus acrobatic emphasis could leave them open to unexpected counters,” She said.
”Elaborate,” Demetrius instructed..
”Acrobatic leaps, jumps etc make the Ataru more vulnerable to force attacks ,like throw, push or others,” She said. She had started to continue when the ship rocked violently, then almost immediately again.
Kylo called.
”Master Demetrius we’re under attack,” Demetrius gave Alara an extra saber from the cabinet. “Use it only if you must, wait in the En’thed with Ash’ana do as she instructs.” He said.
”Yes master,” She replied, turning and leaving the launch bay for the nearby ship. The ship continued to buck roughly.
”Shields are holding, but we’re going to have company, we need a plan Demetrius,” Kylo said with a sense of urgency.
”Set remote pilot control, lock the cockpit down and seal it, go to the En’thed and prep it leave if you need to, but keep that bay clear for Nova and I to work our way back to. I’ll deal with the airlock at this end, Nova you get the other end deal with any guests as is required and rendezvous at the En’thed when you’re clear or if you’re in more than you can safely handle,” Dem said

Demetrius sat and waited nonchalantly in the docking bay area of the airlock. He felt the brief gust of cool air as the airlock engaged and sealed the bay doors opened and Demetrius saw around 30 or so armed troops in familiar white armor, but without helmets on. Led by a Sith pureblood. He waited feigning disinterest for the sith to make the first move.   
”I am Darth Rolyat,” he said, “I seek the one they call Demetrius.”
Deliberately Demetrius yawned and stretched just a bit as he answered. “I might be able to help but it depends on your reason for finding this Demetrius person.”
”He represents a threat to the Dark side of the force, he is out to destroy it, my orders are to find him, and kill him if I must. Whether or not you help is of no significance to me, but I will kill you if you hinder me. Now, are you Demetrius?”
”Let’s just kill him already,” said a trooper, “He’s a Jedi after all,” He said his blaster lifting.

Before Rolyat could say something it was too late. The blaster fired, making a small cavern in the wall behind Demetrius.
“Shouldn’t have done that,” Demetrius said, “Trevs going to kill me when he finds out.” he said. Dem’s lightsabers in his hands activated the deadly hum of the blue, green blades unheard under the deafening blaster fire, none finding their intended target. His force speed augmentation was noted by Darth Roylat, the troops might as well have been shooting at an impenetrable ray shield. About two minutes was what it took for Demetrius to deal with the troops, before he turned and once again met Rolyat’s incoming Juyo onslaught. Meeting Rolyat’s twin crimson blades with his own, Rolyat’s skills in the form along with his cybernetics made it about an even playing field in terms of dueling. Demetrius finally getting the edge by an unexpected twist on one of Rolyat’s downward strikes, which allowed Dem to cut the hilt of Rolyat’s saber neatly in half from bottom to top.
”Finish it,“ Rolyat said.
“Your masters are mistaken,” Dem replied, “for all their talk of being more powerful they are afraid of their own and each other's nature in the dark side. While I do not agree with much of their philosophy, I do not seek its annihilation; I seek only the Balance of both the light and dark. To annihilate either extreme would be an attack against the force itself. I will fight but only if I must.” A page on Dem’s personal wrist com came:
”A little help would be nice,” said Kylo.
“Call of your troops,” Demetrius told Rolyat.
“Their orders were no survivors, I cannot, but I could assist you,” Rolyat suggested.
“Hold them as long as you can I’ll be right there,” Dem replied.
”Leave or stay but a weapon against me anywhere in your hands is death for you next time.”

Even with Demetrius’ unapproachable skills it was still a long while before they regained control, Demetrius counted at least 200 dead bodies, and was grateful none of his crew was among  them. Finally, the last light-saber switched off.  Alara’ had watched Demetrius fight, and it scared, yet awed her.So much death and destruction with so little apparent effort.
Demetrius wiped his brow. “Collect weapons, armor, and anything else you think might be helpful or re-useable,” He said.
”What about your new friend,” Nova asked.
”He will do as he thinks best,” Demetrius said.
”I may be in touch,” Rolyat answered, departing.
”Kylo, let’s get this ship back online and ready to go. Syl, Daisy, do a thorough once over, top to bottom, scan for and report anything even remotely off, repair what you can, the works.”

“Help me clean up this disaster, Alara.” Nova said.
“Yes, Master Nova.” Alara’ replied, helping her with a body. “I don’t think I like the clean up job after a fight.” She said with disgust as they picked up another body.
“You managed yourself well for your first battle Alara’wind”  Nova responded observantly
“Yeah, I think I took out 20 or so. I lost count after the first wave. It was scary at first, but Dem was truly a marvel to watch when I could.  I only hope to be as good as him with a saber someday. Next to him I probably looked like a clumsy nerf herder.
“You may not be as good him, but there is room for improvement young one.” Nova said
“But you just said I did well.. Alara’ said a little confused.
“You did do well, but I sensed in your fighting a lack of control, and your answers indicate some things which need correction.  You need to learn to control your feelings with the force padawan.  To count how many you have killed is not wise and shows pride something as a Jedi we should not show.” Nova said.
Alara’ bit her lip thoughtfully and said “I will take your guidance and meditate.
“I hope you do not find my critique too harsh Alara,” said Nova with a tone of warm fondness of the young apprentice.
“Of course not, I’m trying to teach myself how to accept others teachings without feeling hurt.”
“That is a wise step to take in becoming a good jedi.” Nova said encouragingly.

Later Demetrius was resting quietly with Nova as she was reiterating her discussion with Alara’.
“Do you think I was too hard on her?” she asked.
“I have great faith she will take it in stride, and another blossom of growth will come from it . you did just fine sweety,” He replied.
“Thanks my love,” She responded. “I was just worried because I remember how much confidence she had in herself when we first met her.”
“Besides, we have larger concerns to deal with,” He responded somberly.
”What are we going to do?” asked Nova.
”Get a hold of Eli, after that we’ll see,” Demetrius replied. Eli answered
”Hello friends, again Demetrius my apologies for Quin I had no idea,”
”Not your fault Eli, many can wear masks well. But tell me, how are you coming on the research I requested?” Dem asked.
“There aren’t many places to choose from that fit your criteria. Of those that are many are still considered uninhabitable from the ‘Decimator’ fallout, but could also be potentials if you could reestablish any sort of environment or ecosystem” He said.
“Keep on it, Master Dem out.” Demetrius sighed.
    “Don’t worry, Dem, we’ll think of something,” Nova said  sensing the weight of the burden he was carrying. She gently rested her head on his shoulder affectionately. He kissed her forehead gently, contenting himself with the peace and quiet. Enjoying one of the few moments of time alone with Nova, which always seemed to be a rarity, despite how much time they spent in the same vicinity. His mind calm, he again began to analyze the situation. The Sith knew of him, which he figured would’ve happened eventually anyway, but they also appeared to know more about his current mission that he was comfortable with. Dark force users tended to be fickle, that he knew well, it was questionable whether or not they would choose to continue to insert themselves in his attempts to complete his task.
“Hey, Demetrius, come see this,” Kylo said over the com-ink.
”I’ll be up right away,” he said. When he got up to the cockpit he saw what had Kylo all worked up.
”This asteroid field feels familiar…” He said.
”It is Griven’orce,” Said Ash’ana, “it is where you were sent as a child, where Valiant found you, Menen.”
”Any idea on where we are?” Demetrius asked.
Dagobah system, the extreme outer edge of it,” said Kylo conferring with the astro-chart.
”This is about a half parsec from where Master Valiant and I had it marked,” Dem said checking his records.
”Our ancestors who surround it and the planet itself sensed your need,” Ash’ana said.
”That’s a new one,” Demetrius replied, “Problem one solved, Let’s see if the ancestors built a Jedi enclave temple for us, or if we need to do it ourselves.”


Demetrius would never openly admit his surprise when he took the controls to land the Sojo, fully prepared to navigate the Asteroid field, only to have the asteroids create a clean lane for him to fly through. “You’re kin welcome you home Menen,” said Ash’ana.
Demetrius landed the ship, astounded at the changes. Much of the topography remained as it had been, but the buildings hadn’t been there. The climate was temperate, calm and relaxing.
The buildings were simple; elegant, yet were nearly indistinguishable from the surroundings. With some curiosity they checked out the inside, which turned out to be every bit as nice as what he’d hoped.
A mix of warm ambient and bright light emanated from the bronze-ish yellow crystalline rock walls. The polished grey floors inlaid with intricate red and white flowerlike patterns.
There were several large courtyards with a variety of produce bearing plants and trees all flowing graciously off of the great commons area. Classrooms, training rooms and a library/archive room were also investigated. Once they all had a chance to explore to their satisfaction they regrouped to discuss plans.

“Well, now that we’ve all made ourselves at home we need to set up the rest of the rooms,” Demetrius began, giving out responsibilities. “Ash’ana, you’re in charge of the Archive/Library area, get set up and then call master Valiant and update him on our progress.”
”As you wish Menen,” She said departing.
”Kylo, you and Alara’ prep the private rooms; then move on to docking bays. Nova, you and I will take the classrooms and training areas.”
While Ash’ana waited for a full copy of the archives from Yavin 4 to finish uploading she prepared to make the requested call. It took her a couple minutes to make contact.

“Calling Revision, Master Valiant, this is Ash’ana, are you there?”
”Greetings, Ash’ana,” Connor replied. “I take it you have news?”
”Menen has requested me to update you as to our task progress,” Ash’ana said.
”Go for it,” he replied.
”Part one of ‘Project enclave’ is complete. Menen looks for instructions regarding the force adepts.”
”Excellent,” Connor replied. “The first pick-up will be on Endor, Contact Master Kenyon when you arrive, he will relay instructions. Now tell me of the chosen location of this enclave.”
”It is familiar to you,” Ash’ana began. “It is called ‘Griven’orce’. It is the place you and Menen met.”
”In the Dagobah system,” Valiant said commentatively. “I will relay the information when I can, and will be coming to see for myself when Demetrius let’s me know he’s on his way with the first group. Valiant out.”

Connor sat back analyzing. He’d found a planet as well, Utapau and had been working on an enclave for many years, before the council had even seen a need for one. The planet, long uninhabited, had taken much of his time and resources to retame.  “Demetrius has the strangest sense of logic,” Connor commented to himself. Demetrius’ selection of a wandering, pure force planetary system surrounded, nearly entombed by an enormous, constantly shifting Force essence asteroid field was an interesting choice. It was a good choice for adepts who needed a safe haven to develop their skills in the force, trying to get on or off the planet was a challenge only few could succeed at without any help, a veritable death trap to all who were ignorant or just plain crazy.
You had to have Demetrius’ navigational calculations to even stand a shot of making it. But it seemed for the most part, as Connor could recall a relatively pleasant place to retreat, refuge, or possibly call home.
   Connor considered himself to be a thoughtful, smart, and reasonably logical man. But more and more recently he’d been sure, though he had nothing concrete to go on that something was terribly off. The shroud of The Dark side was hiding something. Ironically, it was conversing with Demetrius several months ago right before he’d left that had convinced him he was onto something. Dark dangerous and elusive as vapor. Demetrius had indicated he sensed it strongly as well but was not forthcoming about how much he knew or suspected. “It’s you’re own fault Valiant,” he said to himself. “You were the one who advised him about keeping things to himself.”

Meanwhile on Griven’orce this discussion could not have been further from the front of Demetrius’ incredibly sharp intellectual mind. What was in the front of his highly capable brain was finding a trustworthy crew to man the large MC-80, and for that, he would once again call on his dependable friendly Nautolan Eli.

“We’ll leave the ‘Thaumaturge’ with you for anything you two may need,” Dem was telling Ash’ana and Kylo.
“Leave me alone with a pretty lady, you either trust me a lot or don’t know me very well,” Kylo jested.
“Ash’ana’s more that capable of handling herself, but I don’t believe she’ll need to,” Demetrius intoned.
“Don’t worry Dem, she’ll be as safe as my own sister,” Kylo promised.
“This place is not the easiest to find or get to, but be careful and vigilant, we can’t count on assumed safety,” Demetrius said.
“Anybody stupid or lucky enough to get by that field of death will answer to either my blasters or her saber,” Kylo said.
“The Ancestors will guard us Menen,” Ash’ana said. “Go, bring home the children, they are not safe now.”
“Well that’s not encouraging, I’ll be as swift as I possibly can. and if someone has or is planning to harm adepts they’ll answer to me,” He said with a deadly tone and look to his eyes that Nova had never heard before.

Once Demetrius piloted out of the asteroid field he called Eli.
”Eli, I got another job I think you can help me with,” Demetrius began.
”What’s up” Eli asked.
”Well I’ve got this cruiser, and a sensitive mission but, I would really like to find a dependable crew to keep this bird chirping.”
”I’ll see what I can line up for you friend,” Eli said.
”I’ll stop by on my way to my errand; can you have something by then?” Dem asked.
“How long is that exactly?” Eli asked.
“About a half day,” Demetrius replied.
”I’ll do the best I can, Eli out.”

Eli turned off the holo-projector and began to run through his database of contacts/resources or people who’d come to him who wanted work that fit Demetrius’ criteria. It was an arduous task, this grouping too unstable, that person too greedy/expensive that group too rookie. The list was like that all the way down, as he eliminated listing after listing. He was very frustrated, but there was no way he’d make the same mistake twice if he could help it.
  Demetrius was a good friend and very forgiving, but Eli wanted to be sure that Demetrius got the best he had to offer, which was irritating when he came up with nothing. Finally, something caught his attention, giving him that glimmer of hope he’d nearly given up. The resume if true was quite exceptional, and Eli wasn’t sure if he believed it, but he had to try something. It read:
Mandalorian Troopers, Descended from commander Rex, in the market for work. Contact Captain Zane at  at  32-60u0.

“Spectral squad Captain Zane speaking,”
”I’m Elitha Kahn, I have a job offer I’d like to run by you.”
”We’re listening, but no promises either way,” Zane said.
”Perfectly reasonable,” Eli responded. “ I need to hire a crew for an associate of mine with an off-world mission. I kind of owe him for helping me out with getting some medical supplies awhile back, and for a bad lead on Hoth.”
”Heard about that,” Zane replied, “Is there more you can tell us about this job?”
”Unfortunately not, but he will be here shortly. Here are my coordinates, come if you want to seriously consider the job. I’m sure he’d be happy to expand the details in person. Kahn out.”
”What do you think gang?” Zane said turning around to address the other leaders of their clan.
”Way I heard it, Elitha Kahn’s well liked and respected, good to work with, even if he’s got a humanitarian streak,” replied Scuff.
”That medical grab story’s just like the Skywalker Clone wars stories pop’s used to tell us about Rex, I could work for a guy like that.” Said Denim.
”What about you Nena?” Zane asked.
”Better than sitting here bored,” she said.
”Well then, let’s go check this guy out,” Zane responded.

Aboard a different ship used as a listening station, a dark foreboding figure waited for news.
”Sir, we’ve got him,” replied the pale hooded figure.
”Where” An imposing figure demanded to know.
”Just intercepted a call, He will be on Tatooine any moment now, going to these coordinates,” the pale figure said again.
”At last, He is mine, not even he can withstand the might of Havoc,” The deep, raspy voice said. “I love a surprise party.”

“Come on Eli, pick up,” Nova said.
“What’s wrong Nova?” Demetrius asked.
“Eli’s not picking up, I’m worried that something’s terribly wrong. I’ve got a really bad feeling about this.”
“I will look into it,” Demetrius replied closing his eyes to concentrate. Dem began to reach out through the force to see, but it was not needed as audio came across the holo.
  ”Dark one, I sense the blood upon your hands, but I also sense my friend,” Demetrius said.
”He and some others are unharmed for now,” Havoc said. “Listen Jedi, You may have defeated and fooled Rolyat, but your platitudes won’t work with me, I have 30 of my best acolytes with me, you have 10 minutes to come face me or everyone else will die. Bring your Jedi friend if you wish, but the time frame is set.”
    Demetrius acted with his usual decisiveness. “Alara’ you and Syl take ‘BB” on my signal go and do what you safely can to help the captives.”
“Yes Master,” Alara’ replied.
”30 against the two of us, he’s very confident,” Nova observed.  “We shall see,” Dem replied. “fear is a double edged sword my sweet, we shall see if they are familiar with the other edge.”

Demetrius and Nova landed in the quite infamous docking bay 94 of Mos Eisley and exited the En’thed.
“I’m flattered, you came,” Havoc said, “I’m a sith Lord. Lord Havoc.”
”Acolytes, I give you this one opportunity, stand aside and receive mercy, any who draw for him die,” Demetrius said.
”Spare us your platitudes, you think light is stronger than dark? Fool. Now fight or die where you stand,” Havoc replied.
”The Dark allies with whom it wills as does the light,” Demetrius replied. Nova nodded she was following his lead. With a motion within an 18th of a second Demetrius had severed the power to the lights, making the room pitch black but for occasional sparks.
”Find them!” Havoc yelled. Red hued light sabers began to illuminate the room. Phht! A momentary green glow. “GAh!” an acolyte cried. “There!” yelled one.
Whoosh! Gah! Thud, from the opposite side. “No there!” cried another. A green glow in the center of a ring of acolytes appeared.
”Dark is not free from fear, But light, can make it less imposing,” he said as the lights flickered back to life. Phoom! A brutal force repulse drove the remaining acolytes back, rendering them unconscious.



”Fine I’ll kill you myself,” Havoc said reaching for his saber. “What the?” ”Looking for this?” Dem asked havoc’s light-saber in hand, “I feel only pity for you; you could be great, if you choose your actions wisely.” He said sending the light saber back.
”I will destroy you!” Havoc yelled, uncontrolling of his anger.
“What,” Dem began
Havoc charging with lit light-saber, and a malicious but sloppy slash.
”A” Dem parried and easily ran Havoc through.
”Waste,” Dem finished, with a heavy sigh as he disengaged his light-saber, as he stood over the expired body. The acolytes began to wake. “Nobody else needs die today, take your master and go,” Dem said. Nova would later say she’d never seen a room empty that quick.


The hangar door opened with Eli leading the way. “He had us cold, figured the best bet was to hunker down.”
”You always have such interesting company for me to deal with Eli,” Dem teased.
”2 dead, and bumps and bruised egos. Somehow you always manage to find a way,” Eli said.
”Only one dead,” Dem corrected, “the other was just a really convincing angle, and a good strike to the neck.”
“Sparing the lives of sith acolytes may come back to bite you later,” Eli said.
“Perhaps,” Dem replied, “But it is not my way to fight and kill more when it can be negated.”
”Never seen the likes,” Zane commented. “You had them beat before you even came in the door.”
”I specialize in defying the odds,” Demetrius said.  Mandalorians I’m guessing,” Demetrius said.
”Descended from Commander Rex Clone war Veteran. Seven generations and counting,” Zane quipped. “How about you, I’m guessing you’re not from around here.”
”I am Demetrius or ‘Dem’ I’m D’ual one of the very last in any galaxy.” Demetrius replied.”
“Well, I can’t truly speak for the others, but after that display. I won’t do work for anyone else,” Zane said. The others readily concurred.
“Don’t forget me,” Eli said, “I’ve found enough in this sandbox to last several lifetimes.”
“Alright, then gather what you need and meet at these coordinates, I don’t think sticking around here is a great idea.” Dem said imputing them to the others. “Once you’re set we can figure out who’s doing what.” most of them left, Zane staying behind to talk to Demetrius.

“A moment of your time if I may Sir,” He said.
“No need to be too formal Zane,” Dem replied. “What can I help you with.
“It’s my sister Nena, we’ll technically she’s a half generation removed, but you know,” he said haltingly. “I believe she may share some of your gift, she reacts to things we don’t even see or detect on what she calls instinct, But I think we both know better,” Zane said.
“It is always a possibility no matter how remote that she may be force sensitive,” Dem replied. “I’m assuming you’d like to know for sure?”
“What would happen if she is?” Zane inquired.
“If she wants to she may receive training by joining the Jedi order,” Demetrius replied.

It was a good couple hours before everyone was gathered. “Welcome to the Sojo’ugo or Sojo for short,” Dem began. “Zane, I trust all your people to know what areas they are most skilled in and apply themselves to that area of the ship as required. Gather everyone in hangar bay one for instructions.” The hangar was filled with the essential crew. Demetrius waited under the En’thed.
”First, know that I appreciate each of you being willing to work with me,” he began. “Now the rules of the Sojo are simple. You are free to go where you want as long as it is appropriate and doesn’t get in anyone’s way.” “This” he said, “is the En’thed. This ship is strictly off limits unless cleared with me or Nova first. Scuff, if you don’t mind, showing them how secure this ship is.”
”Kind of curious myself,” he said. Beginning to walk up the ramp only to be met by a powerful gust of wind that knocked him back 4 meters.
”This ship and I are of one mind, messing with it is messing with me,” Demetrius said. “Try again Scuff, but only up to where Syl is.”
Scuff went much more cautiously this time. Taking tentative ginger steps expecting the worst. He finally made it “Guys, this ship is awesome!” he shouted down.
”Come on back down.” Demetrius said.  “We’re tasked with transporting force adepts to a new enclave. Do what needs doing but fight only if there’s no other option,” he said.
“Clear?” He asked.
”Yes Sir! “ was the response.
“Ship inspected and ready,” Zane reported.
”Set course for Endor, at your convenience Captain,” Demetrius replied.

”A bit of luck finding these folks,” Eli said.
”The Force guided you Eli, but if you want to call it ‘luck’ you’re welcome to,” Demetrius answered.
”Master I am here,” Alara’ said.
“I take my leave,” Eli said quietly rising and leaving.
“Will you go and bring Nena to me please?” Demetrius asked.
“Of course Master,” She replied silently departing. It was not long before she returned.
“You wanted to see me?” Nena asked Demetrius.
“I have a small favor to ask of you,” Demetrius said.
“Anything I can do I will,” She replied. Demetrius motioned to a spherical jedi holocron on the table between them.  “Hold that,” he said.
“Uh, okay,” She replied reaching out for it tentatively.”
“Close your eyes,” Demetrius said. “What do you see?”
“It’s it’s me,” she replied haltingly. “I appear to be like a Jedi Consular of old, with a green lightsaber openly wielded against a dark foe. How can that be?”
“Because this is the Noetikon of Living Force,” Demetrius replied. “It can sense your nature and capability in the force.”
“So what exactly does that mean?” she asked him.
“You must choose your own path,” Dem replied. “If you choose to follow your vision I will help you however I can. Or you may continue to live as you have, but either way you deserve knowing the truth. You have a gift there have been and will be those who want you because of it for their own ends, but I promise you this, I will not be one of them.”
“I must think about this,” She replied. “I will let you know what I decide.”
“Take what time feels proper, it is both an important and critical choice,” Demetrius said as Nena left.
“Master, I have never heard of this holocron,” Alara said.
“For good reason,” He replied.” the Force guided me in it’s creation,” He said, changing the subject.  “Last I recall padawan I asked you to study further into tutaminis. What have you found?”
””Tutaminis is the skill a Jedi uses to absorb and or redirect energy from objects, like blaster bolts or bullets, which is the most common use. The user’s free hand becomes a shield,” Alara replied.
’Good, now as for the technique it’s universally the same two positions,” Demetrius began. “The most common being the open palm either flat or in a ‘C’ like shape, But I’ve developed some others I’d like for you to try out,” He said showing her the positions. “Good, try those out on our training droid here,” he said activating it.  It took her some time to get the move set while Demetrius instructed encouragingly. Reminding her to “use her instincts, not her eyes,” and to “stretch out her senses to make her reactions quicker and more accurate. Demetrius turned the trainer off. “That is good for today, keep practicing,” He said, “we’ll move to sustained attacks once you get this part down.”
“As you wish Master,” replied Alara’, heading off.
”Can’t say I’ve seen that technique before,” Nova commented walking in laughing merrily.
”They are equally viable to the standard two styles,” Dem responded, “But they are unorthodox, which means an element of surprise for those who can master the move set. I believe she can or I would not have taught her. Her reflexes are exceptionally fast for her race, without the force, and she can do it.  Just think of the blaster bots or projectile as a really fast bug. All these,” he said doing the move set again, “Is just like you would shooing a bug, I figured it could apply to projectiles as well. Even getting proficient in one of them is one more skill an opponent won’t be expecting. I call it the “Stop and Shoo-Nah-Shoo-Shoo.”
Nova laughed. Cute, and quirky, but it has a nice flow,” She commented. “Show me again, I want to try,” She asked sweetly. Demetrius launched the trainer, this one,” he said executing the standard move, “you know. now try this. palm down fingers bent, like a dainty lady. when you feel it, flick your fingers level. Like this.” He said turning to deflect a blaster shot from the trainer. Demetrius helped Nova learn his technique slowly over the next couple of hours. colorfully, and creatively explaining the various moves. She got most of them fairly easily, but struggled with the first he'd shown.
“I just can’t seem to get that one quite right sweetheart,” She said.
“The redirection angle is extremely easy to miscalculate, But it makes me happy to see your inner learner again,” Demetrius said.



Sir, were coming out of hyperspace,” Zane reported.
”Stand by, Contact Master Kenyon, and put him through.” Demetrius said.
”Master Demetrius, I’m relieved to see you made it,” Kenyon began.
”I sense more to this call than just a simple pick-up,” Dem replied.
”Yavin 4 was just attacked; there’s some form of strange sickness that’s just dropping people like crazy. But the council can’t agree on a plan of action,” master Kenyon replied. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”
”Let me take a look,” Demetrius said. Closing his eyes, his mind’s-eye traveling through space to Yavin 4, to the planet’s core. He sensed a dark vaporous mist, invisibly seeping through, the planet was bathed in it.

His eyes flashed open. “It is imperative to get as many as you can off the planet Master Kenyon,” Dem said. “there is some sort of dark malignancy, that is emanating from Yavin’s core.”
”Your instructions come first, and then I’ll see what I can do here,” Kenyon answered. “There are 9 relatively young adepts on Endo with Master August, pick them up, Tell August what’s going on, he might be able to get here in time to be of help. Keep the adepts with you until one of the council can contact you, Kenyon out.” Demetrius took a minute to think before he sprung into action.
”Nova,” he said, “I’ll take Alara’ with me on the En’thed, and pick up the adepts. Send Eli with Sojo, have him take Nena, and go to Yavin, see what help they can provide. You take Scuff Denim and their squads to enclave 1, and ready for company. I’ll take Zane and his group with me. Everyone rendezvous at enclave 1. May the force guide us.”

Demetrius with Alara’ in tow landed on the forest moon of Endor
Master Demetrius, your timing is prompt as usual,” master August said.
”everyone ready to go?” he asked the adepts, receiving nods from each one.
”It will be a bit cozy, but we’ll manage,” Dem began. “Master August I’m to relay code 34-YJTE, priority 1.”
”A serious matter indeed, I had something to take care of in Chiss space, but it will wait. I will get underway immediately; I suggest you do the same,” master August replied.
”Relay the Message that I will come if and when I can,” Demetrius said.
”The adepts are your first responsibility, but I will relay your message,” master August said departing.

“Something about him that’s dark and secretive, well at least we won’t have to worry about these ones falling into the wrong hands..” Demetrius thought
“All loaded up Dem,” Zane said.
”Let’s get going then,” Demetrius replied. “I want to be available when I’m needed, and I have a feeling that won’t be long.”
“Master Demetrius,” said a young female Nautolan “Master August says your ship is the fastest that’s ever been built, is that true?”
”What is your name young one?” Demetrius asked.
”I am called Fi-vont master,” She replied.
”Well Fi-vont,” He began, “we’re about to find out just how fast the En’thed truly is. So I suggest, you buckle in.”

Demetrius knew he was about to put the force imbuement he’d built into the En’thed to the ultimate test. The hyper drives were already more powerful than any that he knew of, at full power they could cut the time to travel to any given place in half from what was considered the fastest time, but he hadn’t found out just how much more speed it could have when he linked it with his own force speed augmentation, he hoped it worked, and that it was a good extra boost. Because it took a good while for that kind of energy drain to charge back up. He put his hands into the force link slots for the engines.
”okay, let’s see what we can do,” he said.

Traveling at an insanely fast speed Demetrius could still feel the tremors from Yavin 4 as they rippled out like waves in the cosmos. They had been poignantly quiet for some time now though, and that’s how he knew what he’d likely hear when the ship dropped out of hyperspace. He disengaged the hyper drive, it was better than he’d hoped. According to his calculations he was less than a quarter of a parsec away from Griven’orce. “Take over Zane, I need to rest up,” Demetrius said. He went to his quarters and sat by the consul recording the result of the experiment for analysis later. He made contact with the enclave.

“Enclave 1, this is En’thed come in,” he said.
”Bay one is ready for your arrival,” Nova replied. Dem could sense sadness in her voice but didn’t pursue it. “Copy that, update me once we’re down, Demetrius out.”
It was about ten minutes but, by the time they landed Demetrius felt almost completely rested up. Nova was waiting in the bay. “Yavin 4…” Demetrius asked.
”Evacuated most everyone, but we lost masters Nal, Drax and Vett, they didn’t make it,” She replied.
”Alara’ Kylo, see the young ones to a room,” Demetrius instructed.
”As you wish Master,” Alara replied, departing with the adepts and Kylo in tow.

“Come in Enclave 1 this is Eli,” a familiar voice said.
”Status Eli,” Demetrius intoned.
”Good to see you got back okay,” he began. “It’s an awful mess over here, but it could’ve been a lot worse. I’ve got the crew checking the compound as we speak, but it would appear most everyone made it okay.”
”Sir, reported Denim, We’ve got another body, a Kel’dor.”
”Master Cel,” Demetrius said, “What about Master August” Dem inquired,
”Last word we heard he was trying to get here, but that route is crawling with nasties, he may have hit trouble,” Eli answered. Most of the other Masters are on their way with who and what they can carry to Utapau. The rest is coming your way, Master Valiant should be arriving shortly and you all can plan from there.”
”Thanks Eli, I’ll see you when you get back,” Demetrius replied.
”I’ll keep you updated when I have opportunity, Eli out.”

Nova found Alara curled up in a corner of the library, and sensed the deep sadness Alara’ was trying hard to control. Nova herself felt it too, though to a lesser degree. Instead she felt a strong empathy and compassion for the apprentice who was unfamiliar with such a deep pain. Seeing the misty tears Alara’ was trying to keep in she sat down next to her and began to speak:
“It is appropriate to grieve, tears for those we care for are never wasted,” she said.
“Master Demetrius would be upset to see me like this…” Alara’ sniffled.
“He is an understanding man, but you have much to teach him about connecting less with his intellect and more with his emotion,” Nova replied gently. “Not to say he is not passionate, mind you, but vary rarely is it raw and unmeasured.”
“You really think so?”  Alara said wiping her sleeve on her nose.
“Take it from one who knows him well, I have great love for him, but we all have room to grow. Sometimes it is hard to see in him because he’s exceptionally good at a great many things.” Nova responded. “But as all good teachers know, sometimes it is the learner who teaches.”

The following months had been ones of quiet, unease and suspicion. Demetrius had nearly exhausted both himself and those around him in his sincere but insatiable desire to help. Which was part of why Connor had decided his visit to tour the enclave was long overdue. It was better than he would've thought. It spoke of home to a myriad of different species, Demetrius had apparently put much additional thought into the simple, elegantly sprawling; yet very comfortable facility. It felt neither intimidating nor claustrophobic, and seemed to house a good size of nearly every environment  Connor could think of.

“Most impressive Demetrius,” Connor commented about the Facilities on Griven’orce.
”I am as pleased and surprised as you myself Master,” Demetrius responded. “What is wrong?” he asked noting the look of worry on his friends face.
”The remains of the council have succumbed to their fears,” Connor began. “They believe you to be at fault for their current scenario.”
”Most of those who remain of the council have long feared the power I wield. Masters, Sentential and Vett, and Cel were the voices of reason they listened to. Now that they are gone they have no leader.” Dem replied.
”Master Zena and I have convinced them to let you come and speak to them in your own defense. They are gathered on Utapau, and expect you to meet with them in a week, for a final decision,” Connor said.
”Someone has sown seeds of distrust about me from the start, I’d like to find out who and why,” Demetrius answered.
”Perhaps Alara’ might find something,” Connor suggested. “The masters are used to her inquisitiveness, and she is not associated with you by other than Zena and I.”
””We can have captain Zane bring your delivery of supplies and He can be her contact for passing information,” Dem said.

“Don’t go Dem,” said Nova “the council may be able to affect us, but they can’t touch us here.”
“You’re a dear, and I wish I could follow that advice, but we must trust in the force to reveal the truth plainly to the masters,” Demetrius replied. “Regardless of the outcome, the adepts need you.”
“Go then,” said Nova turning her back as Demetrius left. Overcome that she might not see him again she could not help but quietly sob.

“Landing on Utapau Demetrius disembarked. He was greeted by master Kenyon.
”I’m sorry to do this right off the bat but I need to collect your light-sabers,” he said. Demetrius took them off and gave them as instructed.
”The full treatment master eh?” He said chagrinned.
”Not my idea, but council orders,” Master Kenyon said.
”Know the feeling,” Demetrius replied. “Just let me know when the council wishes to convene.
The week had passed rather swiftly. Demetrius being left to himself except for questioning by council masters. He keenly felt their fear and skepticism, and even some anger.  

Yet Demetrius knew that behind the scenes his friends were working hard to convince the Council of his innocence. Demetrius too was working hard using that hyperintelligent mind he had to put the puzzle pieces together. He’d long had an unspoken suspicion, but recent events all but confirmed it, and he was certain it would not be long before the last piece fell naturally into place. If it did not then things were not too promising for him, for the council masters were not easily swayed once they had made up their mind. Yet they gave him the best thing he could’ve possibly had: the time to think and prepare. He figured he had a third to half of the remaining council he needed to persuade, not an impossible task, but not trivial either.



He had just shortly before been notified the council was about ready to meet with him and was preparing himself when he heard yell, and heard echoes and smelt the plasma.
“Vongs!” He heard yelled as one appeared in his doorway with a blaster. He saw the momentary shock register on the Vongs face. He reacted instantly and instinctively, using a force crush which killed the Vong almost instantly. He retrieved the Light-saber clipped to the belt, igniting it. The vibrant, menacing purple blade hummed to life. With not time to admire whose blade this had been he began a ruthless methodical bloodbath down the corridors of the temple. The bodies, uncounted, piling up behind him. He vaguely recalled they weren’t all Vong’s, but some Anzati and others mixed in the masses of seemingly never ending opponents. Not that it mattered, he had one goal, the safety of his fellows. Rounding a corner he spotted Connor at the mercy of a Trandoshan. Spotting Connors light-saber he engaged it, throwing with force, speed, and deadly intent.
The body thudded on top of some others, Demetrius calling the blade of one of the expired bodies to him, Connor collecting his own, and some others that were familiar.
”They raided the weapons, too bad yours only work for certain people,” Connor said, tossing them to him. Dem clipping some of the others he found to his belt as well.
”There will be more, I suggest we do what we can to make them earn it,” he said somberly. On their way to council chambers they encountered less resistance than usual. In fact it was eerily quiet, poignantly so.
”Something’s off,” Demetrius said.
“Well even I can tell that without force perception,” Connor said. ”I’ll see what V2 can tell us,” Connor said calling the droid. “V2. I need an update, what’s going on around here?”
V2 showed an obscure view of the Council room where a thin hooded figure in a dark robe and some sith acolytes surrounded the group of subdued masters.
”Where is the D’ual?” Demetrius heard the figure demand.
”For your sake I hope he was smart and left,” Master Zena’s voice was heard saying. The feed cut abruptly.  Connor began to reactivate his contact, Demetrius shook his head.
”Get rid of it, don’t want them to pin us down,” he said of the comlink.

“I’m beginning to believe we should’ve trusted Demetrius, One thing’s sure if he’s able to help we could sure use it,” Master Kenyon whispered.
“Don’t forget Valiant’s out there too,” master Talia said. “But do you really think Demetrius took off?”
“Well, Alara and her friend got off okay. But I’m confident that if Demetrius is out there then he’s coming this way. It’s in his nature.” master Zena replied.
“Stop whispering!” The Dark figure instructed. “Now, I’ll ask again.WHERE IS THE D’UAL JEDI?!”

Connor peered around the corner.
”Now if we could just get rid of those guards…” He said.
”Hang tight I got this,” Dem said, disappearing in front of Connor.
”If we survive I’d like an explanation,” Connor said quietly.
”Thanks for the vote of confidence,” Dem replied slipping silently off. About 10 seconds later the guards fell softly to the floor, Demetrius, becoming visible again, motioned Connor. “Just keep their attention in that room distracted, about a minute,” He said vanishing again.
   “For the last time, where is he?” The dark figure demanded to know.
”Buzz off,” Master Zena said. The red blade ignited.
”I’ve had about enough of your lip,” the figure said, the red blade beginning to descend was halted and held in mid-air.
”I wouldn’t,” Connor said, standing just inside the doorway with ignited light-saber in hand, which as Demetrius had thought drew all the focus as he silently went to work.
“And just how long do you think you can hold out against all 70 of us?” The sith replied. Connor grinned, a wide, boyish; mischievous grin.
“Well, considering how I did out there,” he said indicating the temple halls, “I’d say my chances are good, going on fantastic.”
“Master,” Said Zena with a hopeful look, “Is HE with you?” Connor knew exactly what she was asking.
“Oh, I’m sure he’s around, making himself a royal pain in this sith’s you know where,” Connor replied.
”Who are you?” The Sith asked.
”I am master Valiant,” Connor said as the guards began to draw closer.
”Take him,” the sith replied.
”That would be an unwise move, as you are no longer in a position to barter,” Connor said. “Look behind you,’ he said as the hum of igniting blades echoed in the chamber.
”I am here, Sith,” said Demetrius, as the acolytes collapsed appearing to be sleeping. “They’ll be of no help to you now, so I recommend choosing your next move wisely,” Demetrius said.
“Once again it would appear our master underestimates you…” the sith replied.

”Lord Flare, what is the update have you captured him? What news of the jedi masters?” said a voice on Flare’s holocron.
” I think you’d better show and explain yourself master August,” Demetrius said. “This part of your sinister ploy is over.” He saw the shock register on the masters faces as the Mon Calamari face came into view.
”Well, Master Demetrius you figured it out, no matter I have what I need,” August began “There are many secrets on Yavin 4 only those who wish to be truly powerful should posses, now, thanks to my little diversion I have them. The council was so easily manipulated into thinking it was your incredible power unwittingly upsetting things. Fools all of them, except for your council friends which I dealt with.”
“You will answer for this deception master August, That we promise you,” master Zena replied zestily. August laughed.
“Please, spare me your pathetic drudgery,” He replied. “As if any of you other than our friend there are a legitimate threat to me. Pity, I couldn’t be there personally to conclude my business with all of you. Your death’s would’ve helped me considerably.”
“Get used to disappointment,” Demetrius replied. August spoke:
“Lord Flare, your use to me is negligible, and would be of no great loss, goodbye masters, I’m sure we’ll meet again.” The image disappeared.
”Now what,” Master Talia inquired, as the acolytes began rising.
”Lord Flare I believe the decision is still yours,” Demetrius said.
”Acolytes it would appear we have an internal matter to deal with, We may yet meet again Master D’ual,” he replied.
“I look forward to it,” Demetrius replied sincerely.
“Rolyat was right about you,” Flare responded, “If you ever need an ally in Sith territory, I would be honored to be called upon.” Flare said leaving with his acolytes.
“You have a way about you master Demetrius,” Said master Kenyon. “such influence and respect among the Sith is a rare gift indeed.”
”It would seem we owe yet another apology to you, master Demetrius, we were misled.” Said master Talia.
”You did what you felt and thought to be right, I hold nothing against any of you,” Demetrius said.
”You’re both gracious and wise my friend,” master Zena said. “Now we must clean and repair what has been damaged.”
”I will leave Zane and his crew to assist you, I must return to my students,” Demetrius said.
”Yes, return to your pupils, we will arrange to convene via holo at another time,” Zena replied. Go with him Valiant, and the Force be with you.”

Demetrius arrived Back on Griven’orce, met coming off the En’thed by Nova. She hugged him and said: “I was so worried, Alara was a great emotional help. but, please don’t ever put me through that again.”
“I’ll do my best,” Demetrius replied, shedding a happy tear. “It would seem I learn from my apprentices example as well. Come ladies, walk with this old man.”
“Old man... my permafrost crystal,” replied Alara’ humorously, joining them.

The weeks passed. Once again with a serene, unconflicted motion. Nova watched happily as finally Demetrius seemed to be able to not act as much as one with a great responsibility and burden, but as a fellow being enjoying life. The council on Utapau of course, had if anything overcorrected what they saw as their wrongs against Demetrius.
“The council is waiting Dem,” said Nova.
”Put them through Ash’ana,” Dem instructed.
”Yes Menen,” She replied, the masters images appearing around the holo-projector.
  ”Before we begin,” Connor said, “I believe a moment of silence for our transcended masters is appropriate.” The moment taken Connor moved on. “We have lost great insight and wisdom from the council which is not easily replaced. But I see no reason we cannot add Master Astra-Nova and Demetrius as official council members.”
”I agree,” Master Kenyon replied. Out of the remaining council only master Zeb abstained from voting. “Now we must also select a new grandmaster from amongst us,” Connor said, “I lay the floor open for recommendations.”
“Traditionally this role is filled by the eldest among us,” Talia replied.
“True,” Demetrius replied. “But it is my feeling that this may be due for change. Master Zena has the heart, passion, tenacity and experience to fill that role,” Demetrius said. “She is the one we all respect, and has filled the need in the interim extremely well. I see no reason to change what works, merely because of tradition.”
””Master Demetrius I am honored by your confidence,” Zena began, “despite your youth I believe you have shown that you far surpass what we could hope for in a grandmaster, and you revealed August’s deception to us.” In the end the vote was evenly split.
”I know it is very rare,” Master Kenyon began, “But there have been two as grandmasters before, I see no reason we can’t make exception here.” The other masters unanimously agreed. The motion passed they dealt with other business.

”Now as to our young initiates,” Master Kenyon began.
”Master Demetrius should be granted the privilege of selection a pod of say 10 from either his enclave or ours, or a mix who show promise to be taught in his specials skills. Meanwhile he will teach those he has already, and will pick from the next selection cycle when he feels ready,” Zena said. “Masters Valiant and Nova, will provide for others at Griven’orce the usual training as we will here on Utapau, and those of us who wish to may pick from either as they feel led,” She finished.
“awr wrawr awraw raw rarwaraw,” Zeb said.
“I agree,” said master Talia,” Master August has been with all of the adepts we know about, I worry about how he may have influenced them. Many of the ones we sought to train have seemed to disappear.”
“We are better off to deal with what we know for certain and can do, we will just do as all good masters should and watch. True nature will always eventually reveal itself.” Demetrius replied.

Other details and assignments were given and the meeting concluded.
”Well,” Connor said, “the number of unprecedented things the council does just skyrocketed. Free reign for structure, teaching and all the rest, that’s unheard of.”
”They wish to make up for their lack of faith and confidence, I hope to not disappoint them,” Demetrius replied. “Alara,” he paged.
”Yes master, she said.
”Please assemble all the initiates in the main training room,” he said. A few minutes later Demetrius, Connor and Nova walked into the room.


“Assembled as requested master,” Said Alara’.
”Thank-you Alara’,” Dem replied. He began to address the rest, each one by name.
”Fi-vont, Floca, Jaylyn, Azantas –Suph, Ralem, Mogu, Kumu, Riff and Raff, welcome to your new home,” He said. “The path you are preparing to embark on will be one that challenges you, yet is one I hope as you discover it is one that you find great satisfaction in.” Connor opened a crate, laying out light-sabers.
”Since we have not made our own, and crystals are in short supply at this time, each of you will pick from these blades that which speaks to you and put it in your slot in this cabinet here,” Dem said pointing. “Once the initiates had completed the task Demetrius sealed the cabinet. “They will be available when you need them, or once you earn them,” He said. ”Many of the masters of the past and even some now will say that this,” He said pulling his blade, “Is your life, and there is truth in that, but even without this weapon we all have a formidable ally in the Force, and how versatile and powerful this ally is, is what we aim to teach you, because weaponless does not mean defenseless, or helpless.”

The months passed in calm procession as the eager pupils worked hard and enthusiastically on the many lessons and skills they were being taught. From tutaminis to telekinesis, they grew in skill and application. Demetrius often seeing them working or studying together in groups outside class. As he and Nova and Connor taught, he continued to emphasize certain things. In the groups times it was humility, confidence, leadership, and teamwork. Having to occasionally force students out of their natural tendencies. Alara’ had graduated to Jedi Knight and was teaching 3 Demetrius had selected of the group in sword forms and a few of the special techniques Dem had taught her. Demetrius while very busy with running the enclave, always seemed to have time for even the most minute or seemingly less important thing. Seemingly never too busy to answer a question, give advice or a myriad of other little things.
   It seemed nearly unanimous that while the students liked Demetrius, they simply adored Alara’. Her gentle, caring demeanor was the/an undisputed piece of what made the enclave run so well.
“I really like it here Master Alara’,” said Floca, one of the Mirialan students.
“No matter what  we call home, this place just seems to make us almost forget it, but in a good way,” Alara’ replied.
“I wish we were as gifted in our expression like that” said Floca.
“I’m sure we’ll continue to learn from each-other,” Alara replied.


In the holonet room Demetrius, found these constant council meetings to be even longer and  tedious than he’d remembered as an apprentice.
“Demetrius, they are ready for you,” Nova said.
“I hope this one is shorter,” Demetrius said.” I find these long drawn out meeting depressing, as they accomplish very little.” Nova laughed.
“You’re sounding more like Alara’ with that emotion,” She said with a glint in her eye.
”Master Demetrius, I’m so glad To see you!” He said in perfect imitation of Alara’.
“You’ll have to do that for her, she’ll be flattered.” Nova said
“More likely embarrassed.” Demetrius responded. “Anyway, back to business,”
”Greetings Master Zena,” Demetrius said.
“I see you’re also quite good at impersonation,” master Zean commented. ”Dem it is good to see you,” She replied. “I have some overflow that master Valiant will be bringing you, but I have here some which I believe will benefit from your unique approach.”
Dem counted 10 on the dot. He sensed the untapped potential. “Send them my way master, I would be honored to have them.”

The call completed Demetrius made his way down the long corridor, hearing the distinct hum and clash of blades he slipped quietly into the sparring room. He saw his 3 students sparring with Alara. Jaylyn, Fi-vont and Floca. The blue, green and white blades working skillfully and methodically. Sensing his presence they stopped.
”Welcome master Dem,” Alara’ said.
”Don’t stop on my account,” Demetrius replied. “They have improved much.”
”They are curious about your choice of Makashi,” Alara’ said.
”It is simple really,” he began, “Form 2 and 3 give the illusion to many that one is less skilled or formidable than they truly are. If you study Count Dooku, and master Kenobi, you will find good examples of this in both forms.”
”But Master,” Jaylyn inquired, “is it not better to maintain an offensive?”
”Or a defensive…” added Floca.
”Neither, actually,” Demetrius replied. “Skill is only part of the equation for dealing with an opponent; you also need strategy, and a wide variety and application of both offense and defense. Versatility is what may ultimately save your life in a situation.” He said pulling down a shoto. “Perhaps it is better if I show you.”
For a good hour he sparred with them. Switching out emphasis, defense for offense, force skill for blade work.  Instructing, or suggesting ways of dealing with each maneuver as he went along. He deactivated the blade. “Good, that is much improved, but continue to work on getting better,” He said, as he left for other things.
”I hope we can get half as good as him someday,” Floca commented.
”Who knows,” Alara commented, “as he once told me ‘Many limits are only the ones we place ourselves, it is learning to balance those we challenge and those which are best left that makes us who we are.’”

Meanwhile Connor was proving Demetrius wasn’t the only clever one when it came to getting things done. Working quietly with a few of the council members on Utapau, he had a feeling he was about to accomplish a first for Jedi history. which actually seemed to be becoming more the rule than the exception of late.  “This is becoming really addicting, and it’s all Demetrius’ fault,” Connor mused to himself. Though he knew his thought was only partly true. Demetrius seemed to bring out the little bit of respectful rebel that was in all life.


“A unique thought Master Valiant,” master Zena was saying.
”O more capable and yet selfless creature I’ve never met. He has earned it, and if he cannot succeed, no one can.”
”It is a most unusual request, but one which I feel would benefit us all to move forward with,” Master Kenyon said.
””we will figure out a ceremony to create, Demetrius is to be told nothing of this,” master Talia said. “Master Valiant, see to arrangements on your end, we will contact you once we feel we’ve created a proper and fitting ceremony.

His mission accomplished he went about his other business.
“Connor, have you seen Demetrius?” asked Nova.
“I sent him on an off planet errand, so I could talk to you.” Connor replied.
“What about?” She asked.
A nice little surprise for Demetrius,” Connor said.
“Not much surprises him,” Nova responded.
“I think this gift will, if we do it right,” He implied.
“What Gift?!” She inquired.
“You.” He replied. “The Council has agreed to allow you two to marry.” Nova stood shocked in disbelief. “Are you serious?’ She asked daring to hope for the impossible.
“Yes, I am. The Council is working up a ceremony I’m supposed to make arrangements on this end,” He replied, all you have to do is dress nice and I’ll fix the rest, and under no circumstances let Demetrius figure out what’s going on until it’s time.”
Conor rushed to catch up with Demetrius. “Good I caught you,” he said.
“What do you need Connor?” Dem asked.
“I got this big formal event the masters asked me to hold here,” Connor began. “Now I know you aren’t a big fan of formal dress, but please, will you do it this once as a favor to me?”
“I suppose I owe you a little favor for all you’ve done for me,” Dem began. “But I won’t owe you after this.”
“Fair enough,” Connor replied.

“You look really nice Demetrius,” Commented Alara’. He did indeed with the simple yet elegant traditional tunic and brown robe of the Jedi of old.
”I made a promise to Connor and I’ll keep it, but I’d much prefer my jeans and shirt,” he responded.
”We’d better get to the commons, wouldn’t want to be late now would we?” Alara’ said.
”Best not,” Demetrius replied.

They walked into the commons, it was pitch black. Suddenly the hum and glow of multi colored blades which created a lit isle ignited. At the end of the long procession he could see Nova in a light green Jedi robe and tunic. She walked to where he stood and stood opposite him. Alara and Connor taking position as best man and bridesmaid. Master Zena officiated:

“In all of our great Jedi history, we’ve never had as a significant an undertaking as what will now occur. The Jedi council has traditionally not looked with much approval on Jedi marriage until today.”
   “He hasn’t really asked me yet,” said Nova sweetly. Demetrius held her closely.
“I have nothing to give you as a token of my permanent attachment to you,”
“I’ve got that covered my friend,” said Connor, passing Demetrius an exquisite ring.it was made of  Mandalorian iron with a single purple crystal shard, elegantly cut. Demetrius knelt. nearly overcome with emotion.”Astra-Nova, there are many elegant words or promises I could say to you, but all I can think to say is since I met you, I believed the Force wanted us together, as long as the force guides I’m willing to take on any journey. WIll you accept this ring as my request to journey with me?”
“Yes,” Nova replied. Demetrius slipped on the ring
“Here’s one for you Alara’ said to Nova.
“Master Sentential would be proud of the Jedi that you are. For as long as the Force allows, I bind myself to you. let this ring be a token of my promise.” Nova said, the ring except for the crystal being green was identical. “We are ready Master Zena,” said Demetrius.
Zena, putting crystal shards on the table between them said, “These are the shards you each chose, bind them together as a unit as you both wish to be, with the code and the force.”
Nova started, her blue shards hovering in air: “Emotion yet,”
”Peace,” Demetrius said as his shards began merging with hers. ”Ignorance yet,”
”Knowledge. Passion,” She replied.
”Yet Serenity. Chaos,” He replied the crystal shards beginning to fuse as one.
”Yet Harmony. Death,” Nova said
’Yet,” Dem answered.
”The Force,” they both said as the crystal became whole and unique, and expression of both of them.
“The Crystal is the heart of the Jedi, The Jedi is the crystal of the Force, The Force is the blade of the heart, all are one.” Zena said. “May your marriage be an example that influences others, as we here and the Force itself bears witness. As pure and unified the crystal may your marriage be, and the Force will be with you always.” Zena concluded.

”May the Force be with you!” Everyone shouted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment